Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one pre-qulified

tag
ebf156
Valued Member

capital one pre-qulified

i just went on to there web site and put my info in and now it says congratulations we think you will like  his pre qulified offer classic platinum and you are also pre-qul for the quick silver one rewards. i went bad on cap one in 08 i have been rebuilding for the past three months i have tryed this site many times and never got the congrats untill now are they telling me i am back in i only have 2 revolving trade lines fingerhut and bof secured it would be awsome to get another card.

what do you guys think

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: capital one pre-qulified

I would go for it if your willing to take 3 HP's 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 24
ebf156
Valued Member

what makes me scared is my score are still low i have come a long way and still have 6 baddies but just got rid of irs lien off my reports the 2 rev accounts are very new

fico ex 568 eq 608 tu 593

a old med bill re reported on ex sunk my score over 20 pts

again would really like to get a unsecured card if possible

Message 3 of 24
keithB
Established Contributor

Go for it... I have a CapOne secured.  Always on time, even got credit increase, and I still can't get a pre-qual from CapOne.  I'm guessing you are good to go - as long as you haven't been getting HPs, highher utilization, and baddies within the past month.

Message 4 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

It's not really 3 hp. Or just 1 on each cra.  That's misleading.  

Message 5 of 24
keithB
Established Contributor

@ebf156 wrote:

what makes me scared is my score are still low i have come a long way and still have 6 baddies but just got rid of irs lien off my reports the 2 rev accounts are very new

fico ex 568 eq 608 tu 593

a old med bill re reported on ex sunk my score over 20 pts

again would really like to get a unsecured card if possible

I know someone that just walked out of prison after 4 years for embezzlement that just got approved, lol... What do you mean by "very new" rev accounts?  Less than 2 months?  If so, I would wait.

Message 6 of 24
ebf156
Valued Member

2 car loans no problems

boa card has never gone over 20 dollars

fingerhut never over 7% util

the only thing that might sting me is hp i was goin to trade car in and dealer ran me to 13 dif banks i nutted out when i saw what they did this was 2 months ago

Message 7 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

If cap 1 says congrats. You can be sure 90percent that you will get card. Cap 1 will also say sorry we could not find offer for you if they were going to deny. I would apply ASAP. Just saying.
Message 8 of 24
keithB
Established Contributor

the only thing that might sting me is hp i was goin to trade car in and dealer ran me to 13 dif banks i nutted out when i saw what they did this was 2 months ago

I say you will probably get it if 2 months ago because it's been on there and if your car dealer did it right, it will only show as one pull.  If he dragged it out, then maybe not.  That's a judgement call.

Worst they can do is say "no" and you garden for 6 months - then you will be sitting pretty for a new credit line Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 24
keithB
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
If cap 1 says congrats. You can be sure 90percent that you will get card. Cap 1 will also say sorry we could not find offer for you if they were going to deny. I would apply ASAP. Just saying.

The man is 100% right on this - go for it!!!!!  Let us know cause we'll be pulling for you!!!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.