cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one quicksliver one pc to quicksliver visa?-*UPDATE THANK YOU CAP ONE EO*

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

capital one quicksliver one pc to quicksliver visa?-*UPDATE THANK YOU CAP ONE EO*

Has anyone ever able to do it without reapplying? With my two new cards discover it and chase amazon i hardly use my quicksliver card now i would love to be able to change it to the non-annual fee version. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Ridewithme38
New Contributor

Re: capital one quicksliver one pc to quicksliver visa?

What i've found is..When capitalone pc's a card, they move the AF and APR along to the new card.   My suggestion would be, instead of trying to PC your current card, i'd apply for a New capitalOne card, one that has no AF as part of it....Then, a year or so, down the line, with good payment history, PC to any card you like of theirs at that point and bring that No AF along with it.  

This is my plan for next year, i just recently have 2 CapitalOne Platnium cards PC'd to QuickSilverOne MC cards, one with a $19 AF and one with none.  Next year i am going to ask for one of those to be PC'd to the Venture card, or 'something new' if they have a better card available at that time.

You could also request the AF be waived, your Credit Score isn't that bad, they might be willing to work with you on that....and really, the only difference between the two cards is the AF

3/12/2014:Experian: 684 ~ Equifax: 701 ~ Transunion: 678
4/16/2014:Experian: 718 ~ Equifax: 691 ~ Transunion: 707
7/31/2015:Experian: 660 ~ Equifax: 650 ~ Transunion: 661
8/28/2015:Experian: 716 ~ Equifax: 723 ~ Transunion: 743
Open: Venture (8/15) $10,000 VentureOne(8/15) $10,000 Barclay RCI Elite Rewards (4/14) $5,000 Quicksilver (8/12) $4,550 PayPal SmartConnect (11/07) $4,000 Simmons (8/15): $3,000 STS Credit Card (CFNA): $1,600
Gardening starting August 13, 2015 till....Goal: 760 across the board or bust!! (I need a car)
Message 2 of 13
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Ridewithme38 wrote:

What i've found is..When capitalone pc's a card, they move the AF and APR along to the new card.   My suggestion would be, instead of trying to PC your current card, i'd apply for a New capitalOne card, one that has no AF as part of it....Then, a year or so, down the line, with good payment history, PC to any card you like of theirs at that point and bring that No AF along with it.  

This is my plan for next year, i just recently have 2 CapitalOne Platnium cards PC'd to QuickSilverOne MC cards, one with a $19 AF and one with none.  Next year i am going to ask for one of those to be PC'd to the Venture card, or 'something new' if they have a better card available at that time.

You could also request the AF be waived, your Credit Score isn't that bad, they might be willing to work with you on that....and really, the only difference between the two cards is the AF

I dont really want to apply for a new card because i dont want another triple pull from capital one. I think close to my one year mark im gonna see what they can do for me with the AF. The only place i really use the qs is sams club.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Message 3 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Ridewithme38 wrote:

I dont really want to apply for a new card because i dont want another triple pull from capital one. I think close to my one year mark im gonna see what they can do for me with the AF. The only place i really use the qs is sams club.

You don't have to PC to the Visa to have it be no AF --- just ask the EO or the Frontline CSR to remove AF. And I'm with you --- no new apps for me with Cap1 just to get what I want. lol

Message 4 of 13
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Ridewithme38 wrote:

You don't have to PC to the Visa to have it be no AF --- just ask the EO or the Frontline CSR to remove AF. And I'm with you --- no new apps for me with Cap1 just to get what I want. lol

do you think they would remove it for good? or is it something i have to do every year?

Message 5 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Ridewithme38 wrote:

do you think they would remove it for good? or is it something i have to do every year?

The EO would remove it permanently, I'm sure. Frontline CSR would probably only be able to do it year to year.

Message 6 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Ridewithme38 wrote:

The EO would remove it permanently, I'm sure. Frontline CSR would probably only be able to do it year to year.

+1, but i think this is YMMV type of situation as I've seen others who were successful removing their AF permanantly through EO, and others being able get the AF removed on a yearly basis.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 13
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

they removed mine for good try about every three months....eo is the way to go via facebook

Message 8 of 13
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

they removed mine for good try about every three months....eo is the way to go via facebook

The FB team is not EO.  That's social media relations.  Still way better than frontline CSR's.  Also, some have not been able to get AF permanently removed even through the social team or EO.  If nothing else, they should offer you a one-year waiver.  YMMV.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 9 of 13
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Well i sent good old richard at capital one an email. I will post my results when I hear back from them.  I tried the FB route when i first got the card but they wouldnt do anything for me so hopefully the EO will come thru. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.