cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one requesting verification of socal # and mailing addy. i have a question about this

tag
anybodii
New Contributor

Re: capital one requesting verification of socal # and mailing addy. i have a question about this

When I opened a few new accounts, Chase did this to me. I was approved, I think they're just making sure its actually you for one reason or another. I would always think it means approval because if they weren't going to approve you, why not just send a denial letter, even if it wasn't you they wouldn't have access to their card.

Message 21 of 24
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

Re: capital one requesting verification of socal # and mailing addy. i have a question about this

@Anonymous wrote:

At least that was my recent experience with faxing them my ID/social security card.

I read the whole thread trying to find out what you have to do to "verify" SS number, and this was the closest answer I found.  Really?  Just fax a copy of the SS card?  Seems so easy to forge, pretty weak security.  It would leave me out in the cold, too, haven't used the actual physical card for long enough I have no idea where it is.  Just memorized the number years ago.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 24
JayDilla
Valued Member

i had the exact thing happen to me sent the info they requested and about 3 weeks later i had my card.

Starting Score: 452
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 715

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 24
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Usually form my past experience, if they ask you to verify your ID, that's usually an approval base on verifying your ID. If they didn't approve you, then I don't think they'll bother asking you to verify. I had the same thing haapen to me where they asked for verification, I send it in and after they verified, I was approved. My opinion is send it in and comply and if everything checks out, they you should get approve.  Good luck and keep us updated!!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.