cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one requesting verification of socal # and mailing addy. i have a question about this

tag
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Re: capital one requesting verification of socal # and mailing addy. i have a question about this

@JayDilla wrote:

I applied for the same thing and received the same letter. I do have fraud alerts on my credit files, which is why i suspect i have the letter. Mailing it off on monday.

Hey, have you found out the result of you mailing your information to Cap One yet? I had to submit my detail numerous times before they finally acknowledged it as recieved. I was told my apllication can now be processed fully and it could take up to 3 weeks to process. I don't know if that is just the "company line" way of stating be patient, as I have read on this board of much fast responses and processing times.  

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 24
JayDilla
Valued Member

Re: capital one requesting verification of socal # and mailing addy. i have a question about this

Not yet. I think I mailed it to them on Monday. It's Thursday now, so I'll give them another week, before I call them. I'll let you know what they say.

Starting Score: 452
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 715

Message 12 of 24
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Good thing. Found out I was approved today. 500 limit, credit steps program...increase of 500 after 5th statement.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 13 of 24
hurley_21_07

I applied for the CapOne Cash card today and got that message due to fraud alert. This is the only thread I could find on it.

Is this any kind of sign of approval? I have NO derogatories and 4yrs of history with CapOne card and others, 21% util, so I don't see why I won't get it. My questions, would they even bother unless they think you are worth it?

I just wanted some input while I wait for their answer. I will post results. Also, my fico scores are 700 across the board.
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's a better sign than then flat out denying you, at least. But I think the problem is that if you have your reports frozen, they can't pull them so they can't even start to process your application. After all, they like to pull all 3 even for the secured card.

I just went through the hassle of dealing with their fraud department.. so all I can wish you is good luck. I hope they accept your papers without having to fax them in 3 times and hassle them more than half a dozen times on the phone.

Message 15 of 24
JayDilla
Valued Member

I applied for this exact card. The verification letter is part of the application process. After I submitted the info I received my card 2 weeks later.

Starting Score: 452
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 715

Message 16 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

It's interesting, but I had to do this with Navy Fed a couple of weeks ago. I spoke at length with their Visa/CC dept. and never got a straight answer about *why* they were requesting this info. Plus, they made me go into a branch and would *not* accept the info via fax. The best idea I could get from them was because my credit file was thin, they were confirming my I.D. Since you only have the one secured card, it could the the same issue with you as well. Maybe they want to verify your info since you only have one secured card -- and it's not even reporting on all 3 CRB, which we know Cap One checks all 3.

Likelihood is that they would not be asking for this info if they were going to deny you. But it is never a sure thing with them, either.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 17 of 24
hurley_21_07

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I do not have any frozen reports, just a temporary fraud alert on TU.

Also, I do have 8 open revolving accounts, all unsecured. Amex, Discover, Cap1(2), Walmart, Dell, US Bank, and an Orchard Bank MC. The C1 card that is 4yrs old is what I was referring to.

I will fax the info in the morning and see what happens I suppose!
Message 18 of 24
hurley_21_07

Faxed documents this morning. CSR said I should wait 24hrs or so to check on the status of the fax receipt.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hurley_21_07 wrote:

Faxed documents this morning. CSR said I should wait 24hrs or so to check on the status of the fax receipt.

And if you have my luck, in 24 hours they'll tell you to wait another 48-72 hours. And after that, they'll tell you you need to re-fax the papers in since they didn't get them Smiley Wink And repeat that three times.

At least that was my recent experience with faxing them my ID/social security card.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.