cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one requesting verification of socal # and mailing addy. i have a question about this

tag
tbrooks
Valued Member

capital one requesting verification of socal # and mailing addy. i have a question about this

i was happy with the secured cc i got from a local cu, but months after i was told that they report to all 3 agencies, i have concluded that after months of calling them, and them looking into it, that the cc will not me reporting on transunion. its a visa card, and unless i can bypass the bank and speak directly to someone in visa card services, i doubt ill ever get it figured out.

so i have no choice but to apply for another cc, which i did with capital one, and recieved a letter requesting validation of my social and mailing address.

has anyone else recieved this letter from capital one, and is that a sign of approval or just the next step before getting a denial letter?

my scores are low 600's with EQ tropping to 597 after the capital one inq. hopefully back up to low 600's after my overdraft credit line from the bank reports back to 0 next month from 300 of 500 this month.

any advice, greatly appreciated. im tired of trying, i dont really need the cc, i just need them showing on all 3 so i can get my scores back up from were they were a few years ago. i have no revolving on TU in over 2 years.

TU-DEC-2010-697
EQ-DEC-2010-684
EX-DEC-2010-707

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: capital one requesting verification of socal # and mailing addy. i have a question about this

Why not comply with their request? To do otherwise is to waste three hard INQ's on an application that will not be approved.
Message 2 of 24
tbrooks
Valued Member

Re: capital one requesting verification of socal # and mailing addy. i have a question about this

thats why i was posting. im curious if anyone else has gotten this letter when applying, and does this mean that i am most likely already "approved" . dont want to waste a hard inq, but didnt want to send out more personal information just to be denied in the end.
TU-DEC-2010-697
EQ-DEC-2010-684
EX-DEC-2010-707

Message 3 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You don't want to verify your address and SSN to a CC issuer you are app'ing credit with? Requests for additional information are common and not at all out of order. If you want to know whether you are going to be approved or not you'll have to comply with this very unobtrusive request. Otherwise you will be wasting three hard INQ's. Yes, CapOne inflicts a hard INQ on each CRB upon their applicants.
Message 4 of 24
keith021
Regular Contributor

@tbrooks wrote:

i was happy with the secured cc i got from a local cu, but months after i was told that they report to all 3 agencies, i have concluded that after months of calling them, and them looking into it, that the cc will not me reporting on transunion. its a visa card, and unless i can bypass the bank and speak directly to someone in visa card services, i doubt ill ever get it figured out.

so i have no choice but to apply for another cc, which i did with capital one, and recieved a letter requesting validation of my social and mailing address.

has anyone else recieved this letter from capital one, and is that a sign of approval or just the next step before getting a denial letter?

my scores are low 600's with EQ tropping to 597 after the capital one inq. hopefully back up to low 600's after my overdraft credit line from the bank reports back to 0 next month from 300 of 500 this month.

any advice, greatly appreciated. im tired of trying, i dont really need the cc, i just need them showing on all 3 so i can get my scores back up from were they were a few years ago. i have no revolving on TU in over 2 years.

Do you have fraud alerts on any of your credit files? Most applications with such require additional verification before an approval can be made. I have fraud alerts on all of my credit files, and when I apply for new credit; my applications require additional verification such as a copy of my driver’s license, proof of address, SSN, etc...

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 24
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@tbrooks wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me recently. 7-10 day message, I call in, they say that they were sending me a letter requesting verfication of my address and SSN. He said something about it being something with cA law?!?! Unsure what exactly that means. Had a similar thing happen to me with BBRZ-MC, and was approved after providing my home address. Uncertain of this is the same, so I would like answers as well to any experiences regardless of ramifications if you send it in or not....does any one have any experiences with this?

I would like to know as well, and I HAVE already provided my info via the fax provided throught the Account rep at the backdoor number. Very helpful individual.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 6 of 24
jmack711
Regular Contributor

I applied last week and they requested the same information. I faxed it over the next morning and I just got approved and should be getting the card any day now!

Message 7 of 24
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Good...same deal here. Did they tell you what your CL was?

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 8 of 24
jmack711
Regular Contributor

I just called the number listed for the backdoor and I  heard that I was approved. I didn't speak to a rep to see what my CL will be.

Message 9 of 24
JayDilla
Valued Member

I applied for the same thing and received the same letter. I do have fraud alerts on my credit files, which is why i suspect i have the letter. Mailing it off on monday.

Starting Score: 452
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 715

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.