Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one secured card no AF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one secured card no AF

I just thought that I would bring to everyone's attention that capital one's secured card does not have an annual fee anymore.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one secured card no AF

Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if they'll remove the fee on existing cards?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was wondering as well. I've had mine for almost six months now.
Message 3 of 6
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Update: I tried asking for the annual fee to be removed through their chat on my existing secured credit card and due to the agreement when I first got the card; they were unable to do so. Maybe if I contact the EO I could get it removed but that's alright. Too much effort for a $29.00 fee. If I happen to pick up a second secured I'll just be happy there's no more fee. By them removing the annual fee, I'm sure they've dropped some of their stuff they cover by paying something with their card maybe like extended warranties etc.

Holy crap. I was on their website yesterday and today and didn't even notice. I just paid my year annual fee in February too. I don't mind them taking it though; they've helped me out a lot. This is actually good news because I thought of applying for a Platinum next month and if I don't get an approval for that; I may just throw another $49.00 for a $200.00 limit at them. A year from that point I should be ready to jump into their 'excellent rating' cards. Good catch! I thought of making a Sticky worth Capital One thread eventually with all offers/requirements/average acceptance from CK/creditpulls database etc.

Whenever I have some time that is. Anyways thanks for the heads up! That is excellent news for all the credit rebuilders out there!

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It almost makes you wonder... What is Cap One up to these days. Change is in the air Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You probably won't be able to get it removed but you can contact the EO at that point.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.