Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one suprise

tag
jeskedu
Valued Member

capital one suprise

i was bored the other day so i thought id try to get some cli . lowes and walmart both gave me the usual cli's . The real shocker was i called capital one figuring id get the standard rejection notice but suprisingly they gave me a 500$ increase.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Eightiron
Contributor

Re: capital one suprise

Congrats!

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 2 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 12
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

congrats! now what to expect next: unless you call EO, you wont get anymore. ever.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 4 of 12
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

congrats! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Shock_ wrote:

congrats! now what to expect next: unless you call EO, you wont get anymore. ever.

Shock - this statement is inacurate.  It really depends on the product.  For my Venture WMC, which has been PC'd into several producst automatically over the last 14 years, I still receive auto-CLIs.  Same goes for my Cash Rewards WMC.  Though not frequently by any standards; however, they seem to occur for specific account products.

Message 6 of 12
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

Shock - this statement is inacurate.  It really depends on the product.  For my Venture WMC, which has been PC'd into several producst automatically over the last 14 years, I still receive auto-CLIs.  Same goes for my Cash Rewards WMC.  Though not frequently by any standards; however, they seem to occur for specific account products.

Sorry...I mean assuming a Platinum..

CLIs are very few and few in between. a product like the Platinum isnt going to grow though. and I wouldnt want to wait 14 years before they decide I'm worth the risk.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 7 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Shock_ wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

CLIs are very few and few in between. a product like the Platinum isnt going to grow though. and I wouldnt want to wait 14 years before they decide I'm worth the risk.

Just for clarification, I didn't have to wait 14 years for a CLI.  Initial CL was $5K when this account was part of the former Signet Bank (acquired by Capital One).  Back in its day, before the current Signature or WMC/WEMC versions, the card was a Platinum CC.  Platinum was waaaay different from a benefits perspective from what it is today.  Currently, this same TL is now $19K.  The Cash Rewards WMC is $12K.

Message 8 of 12
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

Just for clarification, I didn't have to wait 14 years for a CLI.  Initial CL was $5K when this account was part of the former Signet Bank (acquired by Capital One).  Back in its day, before the current Signature or WMC/WEMC versions, the card was a Platinum CC.  Platinum was waaaay different from a benefits perspective from what it is today.  Currently, this same TL is now $19K.  The Cash Rewards WMC is $12K.

Well...like many people, I used Cap1 as a rebuilder..still have 1k limit on a Quicksilver card..

I suppose it's different for you because your limits are much higher so they may treat you more fairly. Many people are stuck from the bottom up..

Message 9 of 12
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Its nice to see the occasional CLI form Cap1 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.