Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one updates to CRA

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: capital one updates to CRA

and sometimes even when they do report, it takes some cra forever to update. TU Fico is still showing balance on au although it is paid off.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 21 of 55
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:
I noticed also, on my old or HSBC orchard card, my bill was due on the 15th of last month, I paid the card in full, and it still never reported to the credit reporting agency's.. I spoke to a capital one representative, and he said the same thing that they report every 30-60 days.... Perhaps it's slow because of the HSBC transfer accounts to Capital one?

I also noticed that when my HSBC double updated...it changed the address, It was some Carol Stream address before and now it matches the SLC address of my other Capital One card.

Just a thought....

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 22 of 55
john398
Senior Contributor

Its just strange no one at capital one thinks there is an issue

Message 23 of 55
starry1
Valued Contributor

Mine usually reports on the 17th and it just updated today and only to EQ so far.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 24 of 55
john398
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the update Starry1, did it update your balance as of yesterday or the balance on  your statement date?

@starry1 wrote:

Mine usually reports on the 17th and it just updated today and only to EQ so far.

Message 25 of 55
LLMT
Regular Contributor

I asked on chat and first got this:

"Now that your address is updated lately the reporting may change your due date in the new terms and conditions."  <== I have no idea what that means at all.

Then, I specifically asked when it would report and was told the line "Capital One reports every 30-60 days"...except it has been monthly forever until this month!

Message 26 of 55
CreditJim
Established Contributor

For some reason one of my Capital One accounts hasn't updated since May 25th, despite a lot of activity each month and a large CLI.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 27 of 55
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Oh God, here I go defending them. This is only the second time this has happened for those of you who are keeping track.  We all know how much I love them!

It's really something so trivial that the 'Powers that be..."  Decided it was really needed to post a memo or warn the CSRs, because it probably is really the simplest reason!  (And even if they could script it, then it would simply complicate matters.  Their CSRs still wouldn't know when to say it, unless it was from a dropdown list of responses to customer questions.  And a message that says: repeat this and other excuses for this type of topic until the customers is so frustrated they simply hang up.)

With the transistion over of the HSBC they have to add in a bunch of new accounts into their system as they merge the two systems.  Because of this they have probably simply not reporting as they did before.  It might just be a temporary thing or a complete change of policies.  Either way, 99% chance that most of the reporting issues are the result of the transition.  Calm down and wait for a bit to see what this actually means.

This is a situation where we actually have to give them a bit of a chance. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 28 of 55
john398
Senior Contributor

I hear what you are saying bernhardtra it's just that I wanted to apply for a new card soon and since previously my card was at a high util but I paid down to 0 before statement date I was looking forward to score bump.

Just have to wait a little longer. I actually not going to need to use the new card til October ..... I guess your right systems do sometimes get delayed and not a huge deal
Message 29 of 55
starry1
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:
Thanks for the update Starry1, did it update your balance as of yesterday or the balance on  your statement date?

@starry1 wrote:

They're the same amount, or close enough I can't tell the difference, so I can't answer your question.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.