Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one veification question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one veification question?

NEW HERE LOL BUT I HAD A CAPITAL ONE SECURED CARD SINCE JUNE 2010. FRIDAY I APPLIED ONLINE FOR A JOURNEY CARD AND GOT THE 7-10 DAY RESPONSE. WHEN I CALLED IN TO CHECK THE STATUS THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO FAX IN A BILL (PROOF OF ADDRESS) AND PROOF OF SOCIAL SECURITY CARD. I DID IT LIKE A HOUR LATER. QUESTION IS DOES THAT MEAN IM APPROVED? ANYONE ELSE HERE APPLY FOR THE C ARD & HAD TO DO THESE STEPS?

MY CREDIT REPORTS ARE OK. NO COLLECTIONS ACCEPT FOR SPRINT ($200). HAVE ABOUT 4 ACCOUNTS IN GOOD STANDING BUT ONE BAD THING IS I HAVE ABOUT 20 HARD INQS!!!!!! (NOT MINES, BEING DISPUTED)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Re: capital one veification question?

Welcome -

Please refrain from typing an entire post in caps it makes it harder to read 

Typically anytime verification is requested means your conditionally approved if the verification is successful 

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

my bad didnt see that you answered! thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

It is not unusual to get requests like this.     Since you have 20 inquiries that are not yours, I suspect, they are being cautious about fraud.

Are you keeping the secured card as well?   Did you get any unsecured CLI on that card? 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ILBrian wrote:

Welcome -

Please refrain from typing an entire post in caps it makes it harder to read 

Typically anytime verification is requested means your conditionally approved if the verification is successful 

problem solvedSmiley Very Happy

New here lol but i had a capital one secured card since june 2010. Friday i applied online for a journey card and got the 7-10 day response. When i called in to check the status they told me i had to fax in a bill (proof of address) and proof of social security card. I did it like a hour later. Question is does that mean im approved? Anyone else here apply for the c ard & had to do these steps?

My credit reports are ok. No collections accept for sprint ($200). Have about 4 accounts in good standing but one bad thing is i have about 20 hard inqs!!!!!! (not mines, being disputed)

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

they told me that its not possible to get a unsecure cli on secured card as you have to add money to do that.. they told me to apply for another card if I wanted an unsecure limit? the journey card looks cool, thats the one I applied for

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.