Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one venture card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one venture card

I wanted to start by saying i havent felt like capital one has shown me much love over the last 2 years. Until now, they just did a fresh sp on my credit for there new credit monitoring system and now for the first time in 2 years I have a pre qualified offer from them for a venture card. This is a card that ive wanted for a long time, but I plan to buy a house in 4 months should i wait until after I close on my house to take the Venture card? would it affect my chances of getting a home loan?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: capital one venture card

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to start by saying i havent felt like capital one has shown me much love over the last 2 years. Until now, they just did a fresh sp on my credit for there new credit monitoring system and now for the first time in 2 years I have a pre qualified offer from them for a venture card. This is a card that ive wanted for a long time, but I plan to buy a house in 4 months should i wait until after I close on my house to take the Venture card? would it affect my chances of getting a home loan?

Definitely DO NOT apply for anything now! Applying for cards will definitely make the process more complicated.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely agree with jace just wait until after you close on your home trust me you want as less confusion as possible
Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

• If you're interested in a mortgage, don't apply for anything now.
  • If you want to explore getting a mortgage, you need to start shopping for a mortgage broker.  From my own past experience, they are definitely not all created equal.  Talk to friends and family to see who they used (and who they were happy with) and go from there.  In my own experience, this worked out better than 'cold calling', but if you must 'cold call' it's not the end of the world.  For one of my mortgages, someone I found in the phone book ended up working out quite well.
  • In case you missed it the first time, don't apply for anything now! 

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.