Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capitol one cli

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

capitol one cli

two years post chapter 7, obtained capitol one secured 2 days after discharge and capitol one platinum a year later unsecured.two weeks ago i was approved for barclay rewards mc with a 1,300 limit. this brings me back to capitol one. after obtaining what i believe is the max limit for this card (1,000)  i politely requested capitol one to match the barclay offer (no af, lower interest, rewards, etc...) capitol one instantly shot me down through online chat and facebook on all requests.  curious if this is par for the course and if i should just cancel them. sorry for grammar on touch screen cpu....

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: capitol one cli

i have been a cap one customer for almost exactly two years and have been pleased until recently. i was approved by barclay for a rewards card with 2.6 times the limit of one of my capitol one accounts not to mention the rewards. when i chatted online a cspitol one rep informed me that my card limit was part of the steps and the card could not be converted to a rewards card nor have the limit highered early.....seems to me like this is encouraging me to end my relationship with capitol one is there anything you can do to help in this manner

Thanks for reaching out to us, Jeffrey. We appreciate your loyalty to us. Have you recently tried requesting an increase online at www.capitalone.com? If one has completed the credit steps program, one may also submit a request for an increase online. Login using your username and password at www.capitalone.com and then click "Services" for "Request a Credit Line Increase". From there, you would be able to submit your most up to date financial situation for review. You may also check to see if you have any available upgrade offers online by clicking "Accounts" "Modify your Features" and then clicking the purple "$" button to check. If there are no offers available at that time, we would not be able to upgrade. Let us know if you have any more questions. ^JD

so if i am understanding this response correctly i am being told by a company i have done business with for twoyears to "take my busines elsewhere" because that is precisely what is going to happen

thats the conversation thru facebook

Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum. You can contact the CEOs office at http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO for assistance. Do a search on the forum for threads regarding Capital One CEO or EO for guidance.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Welcome to the forum. You can contact the CEOs office at http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO for assistance. Do a search on the forum for threads regarding Capital One CEO or EO for guidance.

Good luck.

OMG Lexie I so love you right now and the actual typing screen!!! AMAZING

and to OP and other poster, For sure use this e-mail address and keep it short and swwet and don't ask for just a $300 increase.

ask to be pc to quicksilver, af removed and cli to $3k, give your cell number because they will call pretty quick to discuss and probably can do the pc instantly but will have to submit for sp review on cli and get back to you within a week.

the online thing is pointless.

Message 4 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict

Thanks but I got the idea from enharu on another thread. Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience Cap 1 is kind of tricky. Same goes for a family member. But with the EO route you usually get a better resolution.

Message 6 of 11
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

going to try it right now...if not i will sock drawer it till the af comes due then its outta here ty

Message 7 of 11
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

if by chance you have it could i get the e mail addy all that comes in that search is other people looking for it

Message 8 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The email address is in the first search list labeled..Email Capital One Credit Card Address
Message 9 of 11
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

e mail sent i will try and update on how this goes. I basically said i have valued my relationship with capitol one but with a substantially better card i can not really justify using their services much longer.....

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.