Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capitol one interest free?

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

capitol one interest free?

i really hate to continually bash capitol one but here goes. i have had their platinum card for 4 months, was offered 0% interest upon acceptance. I literally just caught them charging me interest from day one. I called them out on it and they claimed the offer was never made to me in the first place. Can someone please tell Peggy to honor what she tells people!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: capitol one interest free?

Check your terms and conitions sheet that came with your card. If it says 0%, ask them if you can fax it in or something. Sometimes, just because an offer is listed on a credit card companies website for a certain card, doesn't me you "qualify" for it. 

Message 2 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Contact EO they should be able to straighten it out. I always keep my paper work in folders for each credit card saved me many times. Sorry to hear your having problems.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Check your terms and conitions sheet that came with your card. If it says 0%, ask them if you can fax it in or something. Sometimes, just because an offer is listed on a credit card companies website for a certain card, doesn't me you "qualify" for it. 

+1 reading T/C will reveal all your rights and promos 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i have everything already e mailed eo...recieved my barclay card today depsioted the transfer check that came with it and am going to use that to pay capitol one off....then they are outta my wallet. i shoudl add per the csr's i spoke with who conferred with her manager i never had this benefit if i was carrying a balance. Yes i believe i did phrase that right 0% interest only if balance was paid in full....ty peggy

Message 5 of 6
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

0% interest only if balance was paid in full.

Isn't this every card's offer?  Smiley Very Happy

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.