Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

car on a credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: car on a credit card?

Most dealers will even let you come back with extra down payment a week later so time that for your next paycheck and slam another 500+ at them
Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously. Unless your utilization is out of control, idk why you say you cant get an auto loan anywhere. that just isn't true, the real answer is you're looking in the wrong places, which fortunately for you, isnt the end of the world. 

I just bought a car a few months back, i only put 2k down(al on a cc) but the finance guy said "i can usually run up about 5-6k on credit cards before anyone starts to tell me no". So while some dealerships might charge you a fee, not all do.(though im sure if this was a 5k car, and not a 20k car he might not have let me do 5k). 

with 6 months of history, and your uti in control, you shouldnt have any issue getting a oan unless you make 10k a year(which looking at a few of your cards, you actually might). Look at some credit unions, dcu, maybe a local one for you, cap1 auto navigator(like has been said here somewhere north of five times). you can get a car loan. Dont try the bt jumping around thing, while it might work, and im sure it can, you havent read up enough on how your fico score works to understand why thats a bad idea. 

you've got you 13k or so in current limits, open a 4k card, bt the balance to the 4k card, you now have 4/17k utilized and your score won't be as high as you may think it will be , plus you may also be paying anything you left remaining on the car loan. it really just isnt a good idea.

again, you can get a car loan, you're just looking in the wrong places at the moment(or you don't make enough). 

Also how do you have 6 months of history, if you had a score 6 months ago? doesnt it take 6 months for a score to register? meaning you have 1 year of history? 

Message 22 of 42
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Unless you feel you can pay back 20,000 in 12-24 months to get that 0% (assuming you get the limits) I wouldn't recommend even thinking of this idea. Also if you don't qualify for a simple car loan what makes you think you'll qualify for enough cards to pay the car off with pure cards? (Again assuming they're all 0%!) just my view.
Message 23 of 42
sreneesa
Frequent Contributor

I promise you will be able to get a loan from somewhere. lol.. Trust.. I did three years ago with no reportable income, low 500's credit score and didn't have to provide any proof of income. lol.. And no it wasn't at a rinky dink car lot. lol

It seems like to me you already have your mind made up. Go ahead and put the car on the 10,000 cc and pay what you can and transfer to another cc or eat the interest.  

HOWEVER, I am quite sure you can secure a car loan. I secured a car loan and couldn't get a cc company to touch me back then. lol

Good luck in whatever you decide. Smiley Happy

Edit: I will admit my interest was very high due to my credit situation back then......

Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, I'd say please dont make this mistake and give up looking for a car loan. I had a score of 508 and got a car with 4% interest .. with 0 downpayment.. brand new off the lot mazda.  I was not able to get a credit card from anyone at this point to save my life but landed a decent car loan through JPMorgan Chase bank. Financing the car was one of the best things the dealership did for me to help my credit out as well. Dont give up before you really try and are completely out of options. If you explain to the dealership your situation I bet you will find one that is willing to work with your situation. They do it all the time. They make money when they sell you a car. 

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. My limits and cards aren't updated
2. I don't want a 20k car , I'm unclear where that number came from
3. I'm an authorized user, which accounts for the scores and ability to get higher limits
4. I have not actually applied for any loans, for fear of wasted inquiries
5. My utilization is around 6% if you're looking at my stats without the AU account
6. If I had a cosigner we wouldn't even be having this discussion
Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try a dealer and see what happens then
Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bro let me break it down as to what I did 6 years ago.

Bought a 6k car on a citi diamond preferred 0% 15 mo
Bought next car at 7k on discover 0% 12 mo
Bought next car at 6.5k on BOA 0% 12 mo
Bought next car for 8k on the citi diamond for a 0% 12 no offer (old car)
Bought car for 10k on cap1 quicksilver 0% 12 mo

Obviously it's baby steps, I paid literally no maintainence on these cars except oil change and I would sell at the end of year and use the money for the next car up, this also skyrocketed my credit score, I believe.
Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops missed a car, bought my bro a car for 4.5k on another BOA 0% 12 mo which he paid me for. Like I said, cash back usually wiped out the transfer fees that I usually negotiated with the banks to take off most of the time.
Message 29 of 42
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

You have a SINGLE 10k card. The rest of your limits are 200, 200, and 500.

getting 10k on a GE/Synch card is not the same as getting 10k on a chase, amex, barclays, or citi card.

Screenshot_20160401-112724~2.png

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.