Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card for amazon use

tag
slicemans
Regular Contributor

card for amazon use

Is Sallie Mae master ( no annual fee) card still best for amazon purchases?  I need a card for only for amazon since majority of my shopping is there.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Hansenmol
Valued Member

Re: card for amazon use

@slicemans wrote:

Is Sallie Mae master ( no annual fee) card still best for amazon purchases?  I need a card for only for amazon since majority of my shopping is there.

That's what I use for all of my Amazon purchases. The only time I don't use SM is when Discover or Freedom have a 5% CB category for Amazon. 

Gardening
Wells Fargo 08/2010 $5.3k || Valero Gas 07/2012 $750 || CareCredit 11/2012 $5k ||
Citi Forward Legacy 01/2013 $6.4k || Discover It 01/2013 $8.3k || AMEX BCE 04/2013 $20k || Chase Freedom 08/2013 $4k || Sallie Mae Commence WMC 07/2014 $9.5k || Citi Double Cash WEMC 10/2014 $8.3k || Chase IHG WMC $11.2k 02/2017 ||
755 EX, 802 TU, 799 EQ || 24 Years Old || AAoA 3.4 Yrs || 03/10/2017 || Gardening since 02/2017 ||
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@slicemans wrote:

I don't know about best- but it is a very good card for Amazon.  Remember, rewards are capped at $750 per month so if you shop a lot there, that may be a hinderance.

You can also consider the Amazon Store Card which give you 5% off every purchase.  From all reviews, it seems to be melting hearts..Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

If your spend fits in the cap ($750 per month)  probably yes.   Some purchases might not count, but you can bypass that by reloading your account (like buying gift cards) and use those for all Amazon purchases

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae is pretty good but the Prime Store Card gives you either 5% back or financing with a Prime membership.  If you already have Prime it's an excellent deal IMO as there is no cap on rewards like SM has.

Message 5 of 8
zerbherb
Established Contributor

discover has amazon 5% back next month btw.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae is 5% back on up to $750/mo in most purchases on Amazon.

The Amazon Store Card is 5% back if you are a Prime member.  I wouldn't necessarily suggest upgrading to prime just for the store card unless you spend enough to justify it, though - but if you do a lot of shopping on Amazon you'd probably benefit from Prime anyway.  

The Chase Amazon card is 3% back still. 

Discover and Chase Freedom occasionally have Amazon as a merchant for 5% back.  Discover is including Amazon next quarter.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the prime store card. If there is something that beats 5% cash back it doesn't beat it by much.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.