Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card for amtrak?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

card for amtrak?

Whats the best card to book a ride on amtrak? Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: card for amtrak?

With my line-up, I'd use my CSP.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Whats the best card to book a ride on amtrak? Thanks.

Smiley Very Happy .... https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/amtrak-guest-rewards-mastercard.aspx?CELL=63WS&list=1,2,4&

Message 3 of 8
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Starting January discover it has 5% on ground transportation
Message 4 of 8
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Chase Amtrak card offers 12k points for $500 spend.

If anyone knows how i can transfer my Amtrak points to Hilton, please let me know.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're a frequent Amtrak traveler, the Chase AGR card is the way to go. 12,000 point bonus for spending $500 in the first 3 months, and your points will never expire (if you're an AGR member with no AGR credit card your points expire after 3 years of your last paid trip). You also receive a 5% point rebate every time you redeem your AGR points for travel. Those benefits alone make having the card worth it for frequent Amtrak travelers, even if you don't use it after the bonus spend. 

If you book Amtrak travel using the Chase AGR card, you get four points for every dollar spent.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:

If anyone knows how i can transfer my Amtrak points to Hilton, please let me know.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-use-points/exchange/airline-rail/index.html

It looks like 5,000 AGR points transfer to 10,000 HHonors Points. You have to call: 1-800-307-5000 to transfer. 

Message 7 of 8
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-use-points/exchange/airline-rail/index.html

It looks like 5,000 AGR points transfer to 10,000 HHonors Points. You have to call: 1-800-307-5000 to transfer. 

Yeah, but you need to spend $200 on Amtrak before you can transfer. I only got the card for transferring points. I wasn't aware that i had to buy Amtrak stuff.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.