cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card that only pulls equifax in massachusetts?

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

card that only pulls equifax in massachusetts?

guys i know this is kind of a complicated question but i have charge offs with amex,bofa,cap1, discover, and chase. i got lucky a while back and got every single charge off deleted from my equifax credit report only. my score is 675 right now with equifax and as long as a company only pulls equif im confident i can get a new card minus the companies i listed. i read someones previous post that said the citi planinum select card pulls eq in ma. i just applied online and got denied after the pulled my exp instead. just my luck! damn. does any one know of a good card i can apply for that is pretty sure they only pull equifax in ma? this would help me so much if someone knows a card. thanks

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: card that only pulls equifax in massachusetts?

Hi, sorry to hear about the citi card decline, I live out in MA myself and I have a citi plat select and only EQ was pulled for me, but to tell you of some cards I have a best buy reward zone mastercard and only EQ was pulled my score was 667 or 676 at the time last December cl $1,000.00 there is also a pre qual web site that will help to see if you qualify that is what I did first.  Also another card is a store card Nordstrom that pulled EQ only even though it is a very good store card this card can upgrade to a visa per some threads on this board state by six months.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 35
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Citizens Bank is a big EQ puller.

Message 3 of 35
johnpalley
Established Contributor

thanks for the responses guys! is it possible to start off with a nordstrom visa card from the beginning? it looks like i got a few options so this is good news. my main concern is i want to be with a company thats gonna let me have very high credit limit increases in the future. knowing this which card should i choose out of the best buy reward zone mastercard, nordstrom visa, and Citizens Bank? the only thing is im only interested in getting the nordstrom card if i can start out with a visa from the beginning. just to add ive had an account with citizens for years and i also have a 10 year secured loan with them that ive been making payments on for about a year and a half.

and if anyone else knows any more cards keep em commin. i appreciate it.

Message 4 of 35
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Citizens is very conservative, but I'd still test the waters. The could deny, give you a small limit or give you something substantial. You never know with them, however, they have been really generous lately handing out preapprovals for cards left and right.

Message 5 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it's possible to start off with nordstrom visa but it's more likely they will want you to have store card for 6 months first... they also can be excellent with cli... i would highly recommend even if you did have to start with store card... also make sure to apply for them before anyone else, they don't like inq.

Message 6 of 35
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i had a feeling the nordstrom card was gonna be the best for credit limit increases. the thing is i have credit cards already so i dont need to get this card to build credit, thats why i didnt want to get the store card first. i just need money right now. i think im gonna apply. how do you recommend applying? on the internet or should i go to the store? is there a difference?

i was thinkin of applying for the nordstrom card and if i get denied then citizens. i was just doing some reading about the bestbuy card and it doesnt seem like its that good of a card. would you guys agree?

Message 7 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

if you can do store i would because they know with id in hand it's not a fraud thing... if you get a store card with decent limit you can always call customer service and say you were really hoping for visa, anything they can do... they have the best CS EVER

Message 8 of 35
johnpalley
Established Contributor

if i apply for the visa and get denied will they automaticly consider me for the store card and i might get approved for that on the spot without filling out a new app? i just really dont want to get a store card. if i got a store card for 6 months does the history stay when its switched to a visa?

Message 9 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes and yes

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.