Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card vs. aaoa vs. inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: card vs. aaoa vs. inquiries

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally have my report cleaned up and boosting my scores.  My main issue with my scores is the low AAoA. 

Your problem isn't AAoA, it's your derogatories.

A 3 year AAoA is plenty to get 5k limit cards.

You're getting low limit cards because of your derogs, not your AAoA.  Work on clearing up the derogs and you will see your score jump like 60 points.  Then you'll start seeing high limit cards come in.

Is your last collection a paid chargeoff or still in active collections?  If it's just dead weight waiting to fall off, many banks will let it slide if it's old.  If it's active collections, you'll get some denials.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand derogs and collections have resulted in a low starting limit with the cards I got in November.  Since then, I cleaned up my 2 derogs - 1 was an account from 2008 and one was a $70 medical.  Both were paid $0 balance collections but not deleted until earlier this week from TU and EX.  EQ is scheduled to have them come off in  Feb.  It is my understanding they don't do early removals?  My credit scores have updated.  I have one old medical collection of $150 that I am disputing.  It was the amount of my copay (for an MRI)  which I always pay when I go to the dr.  I called the OC to confirm it.  The lady in billing did a thorough search and said I don't have any outstanding balances (even in archives).  This one collection is from 2011.   What she did find was a name almost identical to mine but the SSN didn't match.   The clinic even confirmed my last date of service there was 2009.  Fox Collections isn't an easy CA to deal with and getting a PFD with them is like pulling teeth. 

I think I am just caught up in the excitement of seeing my scores go up.  My first reaction is go get all the cards I can.  In reality,   I only want a couple of  good cards.  I am going to try REALLY hard to sit back and let what i have report for a while  - or at least wait until April.  That is when my Cap 1 QS account is due for an increase.  I understand this takes time.  I just didn't pass the Patience course lol

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I called the OC to confirm it.  The lady in billing did a thorough search and said I don't have any outstanding balances (even in archives).  This one collection is from 2011.   What she did find was a name almost identical to mine but the SSN didn't match.   The clinic even confirmed my last date of service there was 2009.  Fox Collections isn't an easy CA to deal with and getting a PFD with them is like pulling teeth. 

If the debt is invalid, get a letter from the OC stating such.  Then take that letter and send it with a debt validation request to Fox.  Send it certified and keep copies.  If you are unable to get the letter from the OC, send the debt validation request anyways.

If it is an invalid debt, you don't need to do a PFD, make those suckas remove it as it is invalid.

1 active collection is enough to keep your FICO hurting so the sooner the better.

Congrats for getting everything else in order; you're almost home!

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Am Ex didn't give me a pre qual card Smiley Sad  My EX score was as of yesterday (just updated) straight from experian.  It did update today on myfico as well.   It gives me something to look at as I am building.  I have low limits because of an old derog account and 1 small paid collection brought my score down.  I was surpised that I was approved at all.    Those came off this week from EX and TU and my scores jumped.  EQ will update Feb 1st (hopefully) I have one very small medical collection and low AAoA's.  My cap 1 card CL should go up in April.  That is when I complete the steps program.  My scores will be almost 100 pts higher when it is time for an increase.

I had no pre approval from Amex, and they approved me earlier this month.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.