tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: card without chip

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TheClub wrote:

This thread is pure comedy...

Thanks for the entertainment.

The takeaway, as every smart criminal knows, is "Use burner phones" and then while they could track the phone, they don't know it's you or which phone to track.  (Make sure your contacts do the same).   And just in case the EMV chip is smarter than we are told, do some identity theft and get a CC in another name.

These forums can be very educational

Don't forget law enforcement and cameras at stop lights and so on that are recording your vehicle and license plates right now and the data is placed into a large data base (law enforcement can build your habits and driving patterns from the data base). Also, remember the ad about the little "thing abob" that your insurance company has you plug into your car so they can monitor your driving and give you better rates! Smiley Wink

Message 41 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TheClub wrote:

The takeaway, as every smart criminal knows, is "Use burner phones" and then while they could track the phone, they don't know it's you or which phone to track.  (Make sure your contacts do the same).   And just in case the EMV chip is smarter than we are told, do some identity theft and get a CC in another name.

Don't forget law enforcement and cameras at stop lights and so on that are recording your vehicle and license plates right now and the data is placed into a large data base (law enforcement can build your habits and driving patterns from the data base). Also, remember the ad about the little "thing abob" that your insurance company has you plug into your car so they can monitor your driving and give you better rates! Smiley Wink

Heh. They tried that Camera thing here and got caught with their pants down when they purposely shortened the yellow lights to increase revenue.

Message 42 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TheClub wrote:

Heh. They tried that Camera thing here and got caught with their pants down when they purposely shortened the yellow lights to increase revenue.

That really SUCKS!!!

Message 43 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TheClub wrote:

That really SUCKS!!!

Oh it was terrible!

Message 44 of 49
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

The one thing about all these chipped cards they are all nice and all , but i don't really see the point, since 99% of retailers don't support it , so i guess its an good marketing move?

I don't think i have ever succesfully used emv function on any of my cards. Most of the cards i have right now all have emv chips amex, chase, citi, barclays all have the chip , but retailers never use it so its kind of an waste imo. 

I've used it more than a few times. Smiley Happy

where have you used it , an lot of retailers have the machines but they don't have them turned the emv functionality. I tried sliding it in the bottom, but either it would not work or the cashier would ask me what are you doing , slide the card. 

Most recent was Walmart Neighborhood market, 7-11.

ahh i don't goto walmart much at all since i dropped my serve. We don't have many 7-11 around here

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 45 of 49
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TheClub wrote:

Another thing thats sort of related was with ez pass. IF you went thru an toll and paid with ez pass, and then went thru another toll where you had to pay with ez pass again in an time they deemed was too quickly, you would could receive an ticket in the mail for speeding. I don't know if they do that anymore though. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 46 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TheClub wrote:

Another thing thats sort of related was with ez pass. IF you went thru an toll and paid with ez pass, and then went thru another toll where you had to pay with ez pass again in an time they deemed was too quickly, you would could receive an ticket in the mail for speeding. I don't know if they do that anymore though. 

I've NEVER heard of this actually being true. If so, half the metro area would be getting tickets on our turnpikes and tollways.

Message 47 of 49
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TheClub wrote:

I've NEVER heard of this actually being true. If so, half the metro area would be getting tickets on our turnpikes and tollways.

As far as I know, this is purely urban legend. However, it is routine practice to shorten yellows when red light cameras are introduced. Knowledge of this combined with sudden braking causes accident rates to jump dramatically when red light cameras are introduced. They're a pure revenue grab, NOT a safety thing at all.

And yes, Global Entry is the same vicinity RFID system.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 48 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nyancat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TheClub wrote:

As far as I know, this is purely urban legend. However, it is routine practice to shorten yellows when red light cameras are introduced. Knowledge of this combined with sudden braking causes accident rates to jump dramatically when red light cameras are introduced. They're a pure revenue grab, NOT a safety thing at all.

And yes, Global Entry is the same vicinity RFID system.

Agreed on all points.

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.