Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cards that dont mind inquiries and new accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cards that dont mind inquiries and new accounts

@Anonymous wrote:
I actually applied for a Alliant cu rewards card and got approved for 10k limit at 2.9 percent. Equifax is my best. The loan officer said I had a 708. The only reason they didn't match my 20,500 highest limit was because of too many inquiries, 20, and too many new accounts, 4 in the last year.

Is that an intro offer?

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
While some are less sensitive than others, the bottom line is you will never get the best limits and APRs with a ton of recent inquiries and accounts. So instead of worrying about who is sensitive to it, I suggest you merely wait and then you can apply for what you actually want.

+1

Message 12 of 25
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats! Alliant is pretty strict(denied me in may fot card) I have a membership with them but no products.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I actually applied for a Alliant cu rewards card and got approved for 10k limit at 2.9 percent. Equifax is my best. The loan officer said I had a 708. The only reason they didn't match my 20,500 highest limit was because of too many inquiries, 20, and too many new accounts, 4 in the last year.

Congrats on your approval!!!

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. The Rep told me the interest rate before I applied was 9-12 percent but based on my score I got 2.99 for 12 months. I applied over the phone. They checked eq like always and then said I was approved but need to send in pay stubs and Id and electric bill
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Among prime lenders, Amex, Capital One, and BOA are not known to be particularly inquiry sensitive. 

Chase and Discover are of average sensitivity, I would say, for inquiries. Chase generally does not like new accounts, however.

Barclays, U.S. Bank, and Citi are reputed to be among the most inquiry sensitive, although like everything in credit, YMMV. Barclays also seems to be regarded as being particularly finicky about new accounts (although they haven't been in my case).

Message 16 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

There are banks that are not new account/ inquiry but it really depends on your individual overall credit profile. 

I would say Synch Bank on most store cards would let u in with a lot of new accounts/ inquiries with a 676 TU. 

Capitalone is pretty ok on it from my experience. 

You have some nice cards, how many inquiries/ new accounts are u talking about? I would definitely try and stay away from these banks if u are really feeling new account/ inquriy heavy. 

• US Bank
  • Barclays
  • Citi
  • Chase
  • American Express
  • Bank of America

I hope it goes well when my wife and I do a joint app for lowes...my TU is 639

I don't think Synchrony does a joint application on Lowe's (not that I'm aware of, anyway) but if you have any trouble getting approved, your wife can also apply, so in a sense you've got 'double' the chance of an approval. 

Good luck!

Message 17 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Among prime lenders, Amex, Capital One, and BOA are not known to be particularly inquiry sensitive. 

Chase and Discover are of average sensitivity, I would say, for inquiries. Chase generally does not like new accounts, however.

Barclays, U.S. Bank, and Citi are reputed to be among the most inquiry sensitive, although like everything in credit, YMMV. Barclays also seems to be regarded as being particularly finicky about new accounts (although they haven't been in my case).

It's very YMMV. Barclays wasn't new account/inquiry sensitive with my Upromise whatsoever, giving me the best APR and a decent limit with no recon.

I think it just depends on your file. I don't think any lender is "sensitive" without reason. It's just that some put more weight on new accounts/inquiries as part of their risk assesement. Like I said to OP before, you can avoid the issue by just waiting, and then you can apply for the cards you want and not just what you think you can get. I'm sure, for example, I could get a Capital One Platinum at any point, even with my recent accounts -- but why would I want one? It's better to wait, let things age, and go for your actual desires.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonder if I could get approved for a boa bbr? 

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wonder if I could get approved for a boa bbr? 

I was approved for two and your scores are better than mine! My terms aren't the best, but that doesn't matter much for a card like BBR, which you probably aren't going to put much on each month anyway. 

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.