Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cards with high credit limits?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: cards with high credit limits?

@juggalo9er wrote:

i guess cu;s are just a beast on their own....9.9% fixed apr....will still never carry a balance

Can't predict life unfortunately; the reason why I want a high CL low APR card is just in case I ever do need to carry a balance.  20K or whatever pays for many months of household expenses; I can find a job somewhere in the US to put food on the table for my theoretical family if push comes to shove on that one and also get out from under my housing payment if it truly is a disaster in that time period (sorry theoretical kids, or file a Ch 13 I guess looking at all the awkward options)... and I'd rather be carrying that at 10% than 20%+.

It's always a smart thing to build a financially defensible position, and a balance carrying card is something which I think everyone should have for a rainy day.

        
Message 11 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

i guess cu;s are just a beast on their own....9.9% fixed apr....will still never carry a balance

Can't predict life unfortunately; the reason why I want a high CL low APR card is just in case I ever do need to carry a balance.  20K or whatever pays for many months of household expenses; I can find a job somewhere in the US to put food on the table for my theoretical family if push comes to shove on that one and also get out from under my housing payment if it truly is a disaster in that time period (sorry theoretical kids, or file a Ch 13 I guess looking at all the awkward options)... and I'd rather be carrying that at 10% than 20%+.

It's always a smart thing to build a financially defensible position, and a balance carrying card is something which I think everyone should have for a rainy day.

Yes, except your older kid steals your card and sells it to a coke dealer, leading to your account being frozen and.... Sorry, but you should have brought that theoretical kid up better.

Message 12 of 13
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

Yes, except your older kid steals your card and sells it to a coke dealer, leading to your account being frozen and.... Sorry, but you should have brought that theoretical kid up better.

I think if you suddenly start running up balances and only making minimum payments on Credit Cards you could potentially be setting yourself up for Account Reviews, Adverse Action or Credit Line Decreases.  They can be a HUGE help for a short term cash crunch but I wouldn't rely on high limt cards for a longer term cash shortage.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.