Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cards with the most wow value

tag
rdubb
Established Member

Re: cards with the most wow value

@vivman1107 wrote:

I always get comments when I use my Marriott Premier Rewards Visa card because of the weight and metal feel of it.

+1

Message 51 of 80
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Hmmm...

How about First Premier with 36% APR w/ amazing super cheap $75AF, which is so much cheaper than AMEX Plat?  How about the rewards?  Let's see....More APR! First Premier offers the best APR in the country, a whopping 36% will have your checking account drained out in no time!!  You'll be awesomely surprised by the fact that you'll may never have a $0 balance after your statement cut...but hey...who likes having 0s in their balance?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 52 of 80
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

@weehoo wrote:

Capcom Streetfighter IV prepaid Visa

Does it have Daigo's face on it?

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 53 of 80
yfan
Valued Contributor

@vivman1107 wrote:

I always get comments when I use my Marriott Premier Rewards Visa card because of the weight and metal feel of it.

I paid for dinner once with that card and someone at the table asked me, "You have the black card???" I said, "well I have a card that is black in color, yes." It was pretty funny. I love the way the card looks and feels. But I only just got it a month or so ago and I am still debating whether the AF will be worth it when the time comes.

Message 54 of 80
compassion101
Established Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

I tell my grandkids this one all the time and they think I'm the coolest

@compassion101 wrote:

I went to dinner with the mayor once and when I whipped out my Costco Amex he said "wow"

And they say, "Tell us again, Grandpa, tell us again!"

Message 55 of 80
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@peepers wrote:
Theres actually a William Shatner card!? Is it hard to get? I think I just Shatnered myself

It is still available. Its just the 2% cash back on everything version is no longer offered. Now its just 5% on Priceline purchases, and 1% everything else.

email_barclays_shat_212x537.gif

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 56 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I recall, the only comment I've ever gotten was for my CSP when purchasing food at Five Guys. While I do appreciate the designs on cards, I almost never get any comments on any of them. Maybe if I had a Centurion or something that would be different, but ... Smiley Tongue

Message 57 of 80
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

download1_zps03bc5281.jpg

This about sums it up

Message 58 of 80
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Hmmm...

How about First Premier with 36% APR w/ amazing super cheap $75AF, which is so much cheaper than AMEX Plat?  How about the rewards?  Let's see....More APR! First Premier offers the best APR in the country, a whopping 36% will have your checking account drained out in no time!!  You'll be awesomely surprised by the fact that you'll may never have a $0 balance after your statement cut...but hey...who likes having 0s in their balance?

I am apping based off this comment alone! =)

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 59 of 80
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@vivman1107 wrote:

I paid for dinner once with that card and someone at the table asked me, "You have the black card???" I said, "well I have a card that is black in color, yes." It was pretty funny. I love the way the card looks and feels. But I only just got it a month or so ago and I am still debating whether the AF will be worth it when the time comes.

If you stay in hotels at least 1 night a year it is. Marriott rooms in the states and where I have visited are at least $120+ so There you save about $40 by using the coupon.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 60 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.