Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cards with the most wow value

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: cards with the most wow value

@Anonymous wrote:
I meant the way they look when you take them out of your wallet. Like the wow factor.

One of those things I don't get then.  All just plastic (or meeeeettalllllll) rectangles.  What matters is what they do.   Though I have learned (though still don't get it) that appearance matters to some people.

Message 11 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the companies all have teams of people who design the cards to suck people in.
Message 12 of 80
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I meant the way they look when you take them out of your wallet. Like the wow factor.

One of those things I don't get then.  All just plastic (or meeeeettalllllll) rectangles.  What matters is what they do.   Though I have learned (though still don't get it) that appearance matters to some people.

LTlurker, you are already accustomed to the prestige and treatment for using the Amex Blue Cash card.  Of course you won't understand that appearance matters beacuse you are already the recipient of great services everytime u flip out the AMEX card.

Then again isn't the idea of WOW factors sheer marketing?  

For me having AMEX, DISCOVER and two HIGH LIMIT VISA cards are enough WOW factors.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 13 of 80
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

My Huntington VOICE is a solid WOW! factor. Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 80
compassion101
Established Contributor

I went to dinner with the mayor once and when I whipped out my Costco Amex he said "wow"

Message 15 of 80
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LTlurker, you are already accustomed to the prestige and treatment for using the Amex Blue Cash card.  Of course you won't understand that appearance matters beacuse you are already the recipient of great services everytime u flip out the AMEX card.

For me having AMEX, DISCOVER and two HIGH LIMIT VISA cards are enough WOW factors.

I never show the Amex to anyone unless they need to do a card check.  Most of credit card activity everywhere is self-swiping.  Exception is things like hotels and car rentals, but as most of my travel is business and use the corp Amex which the staff see hundreds of times a day!   I don't think anyone has been impressed by my cards for a long time (last I remember, 1986, when I had an Amex Gold, which impressed some grad students as they weren't all that common then!)

Message 16 of 80
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never show the Amex to anyone unless they need to do a card check.  Most of credit card activity everywhere is self-swiping.  Exception is things like hotels and car rentals, but as most of my travel is business and use the corp Amex which the staff see hundreds of times a day!   I don't think anyone has been impressed by my cards for a long time (last I remember, 1986, when I had an Amex Gold, which impressed some grad students as they weren't all that common then!)

There you go!  I would argue that business people receive better treatment than most.  

In my high school days I was able to wow girls simply by scoring goals.  It's not always what people see that wow them.  Most likely perception.

Message 17 of 80
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Message 18 of 80
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Probably the iPhone 6. Smiley Wink

Are u kidding me?  Iphone6 looking more and more like Samsung.  

Message 19 of 80
compassion101
Established Contributor

I tell my grandkids this one all the time and they think I'm the coolest

@compassion101 wrote:

I went to dinner with the mayor once and when I whipped out my Costco Amex he said "wow"

Message 20 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.