cards you are ashamed to have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cards you are ashamed to have?

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Not really a "card", but that Penfed Thrifty Credit Service. I really had no idea there would I'd get a line of credit from them and it's certainly because I forgot to not select overdraft protection. It's a $500 CL and it just looks a bit weird seeing it on my CRs. At least they didn't do another EQ pull for it but I've moved past getting that kind of limit for the most part.

All the cards I was ashamed to have I've closed over time, especially that pitiful $300 limit Target and Old Navy credit cards and the lackluster Wells Fargo College Cash Back card too.

$500 of overdraft protection being an actual line of credit? That seems a little wonky on the banks part. I didn't even ask for overdraft protection on my business or personal checking accounts but my bank accounts show how much I can overdraw (would never happen anyway) and it is quite substantial(20K) but it doesn't show up anywhere on a credit report. Very interesting. Maybe it would report if I actually had to use it, not sure.

I am just curious, does it have terms where you can pay it off within a certain ammount of days and no interest would be charged? With mine I have 2 weeks to move money in to cover the overlimit funding otherwise it is 4.99% APR or so. 

I believe so. The listed APR I got on it was little over 14% and there's even a minimum payment due date on it. Balance on it is 0 of course. It shows up on my EX CR as a line of credit and my other ones have it listed as a revolving account.

I will have to stop in to my bank and ask about mine. I am just curious about it now. Thank you for telling me more about yours. Just want to make sure mine isn't going to show up on my CRs since I didn't want them in the first place! 

Message 101 of 108
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Not really a "card", but that Penfed Thrifty Credit Service. I really had no idea there would I'd get a line of credit from them and it's certainly because I forgot to not select overdraft protection. It's a $500 CL and it just looks a bit weird seeing it on my CRs. At least they didn't do another EQ pull for it but I've moved past getting that kind of limit for the most part.

All the cards I was ashamed to have I've closed over time, especially that pitiful $300 limit Target and Old Navy credit cards and the lackluster Wells Fargo College Cash Back card too.

$500 of overdraft protection being an actual line of credit? That seems a little wonky on the banks part. I didn't even ask for overdraft protection on my business or personal checking accounts but my bank accounts show how much I can overdraw (would never happen anyway) and it is quite substantial(20K) but it doesn't show up anywhere on a credit report. Very interesting. Maybe it would report if I actually had to use it, not sure.

I am just curious, does it have terms where you can pay it off within a certain ammount of days and no interest would be charged? With mine I have 2 weeks to move money in to cover the overlimit funding otherwise it is 4.99% APR or so. 

I believe so. The listed APR I got on it was little over 14% and there's even a minimum payment due date on it. Balance on it is 0 of course. It shows up on my EX CR as a line of credit and my other ones have it listed as a revolving account.

I will have to stop in to my bank and ask about mine. I am just curious about it now. Thank you for telling me more about yours. Just want to make sure mine isn't going to show up on my CRs since I didn't want them in the first place! 

Yeah. I don't know if it's just Penfed that does this or if other credit unions are like this too. Either way it's really annoying seeing that tiny CL on my reports that I don't even use. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 102 of 108
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Oh my god exactly!
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 103 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Walmart store card that i was approved for last month. They gave me a $150 credit limit. I feel a little cheated because this is my lowest CL out of all of my cards and with the HP I regret even applying. I was thinking of closing it. I've used it a few times, charged it to 20% and PIF.
Message 104 of 108
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Yeah. I don't know if it's just Penfed that does this or if other credit unions are like this too. Either way it's really annoying seeing that tiny CL on my reports that I don't even use. 

Penfed has the "thrifty credit"

NFCU has "NavCheck Overdraft Line of Credit"

Cap1 has "Overdraft line of credit" 

A fair amount of places do something like this. Just a few examples. 

Message 105 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Penfed has the "thrifty credit"

NFCU has "NavCheck Overdraft Line of Credit"

Cap1 has "Overdraft line of credit" 

A fair amount of places do something like this. Just a few examples. 

I just thought it was interesting that it reports to your credit bureaus at those banks. Like I said before I have the ability to overdraft on both my personal and business checking to a pretty large amount, but it seems that the line of credit or whatever my bank considers it, is kept in house since it is not on my credit reports. 

Message 106 of 108
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have Walmart store card that i was approved for last month. They gave me a $150 credit limit. I feel a little cheated because this is my lowest CL out of all of my cards and with the HP I regret even applying. I was thinking of closing it. I've used it a few times, charged it to 20% and PIF.

i thought my $300 approval was bad

Message 107 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

My last remaining AmEx card, tiny limit, never use it, no AF, but I keep it open for the 1978 tradeline.

pipeguy you have laid a lot of pipe with that 1978 tradeline ... congrats for keeping it alive!

Message 108 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.