Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cards you are ashamed to have?

tag
BUN
Established Contributor

Re: cards you are ashamed to have?

I do have a silly $300 toy limit Kohls card which is the only credit card I got before my massive rebuild. I buy stuff for DS and PIF.Smiley Tongue They haven't raised my CL in 4 years! I refuse to HP CLI!! Not ashamed, but annoyed. Wells, which is our oldest card at 9 years, refuses to increase our limit of $1000(!) because we don't bank with them anymore,Smiley Mad What babies! What axxclowns! In the SD permanently.

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 61 of 108
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

Walmart... got it over a year ago... repeatedly denied for CLI's... started at $600 and sitting at $900 after an auto CLI for $100 and then a luv button increase for $200.

I don't shop there because I don't feel like shopping in a place where they have 50 registers but only 2 open....  

I make an online purchase every few months to keep the card open.  If the conversion to MC doesn't happen in 2015 I will be closing the account.

I researched it and the upgrade from Walmart to MC could take years based on previous threads... and I am not going to be a cardholder that long when I don't shop there.

So I will revise my initial response and say that I am not ashamed of any cards in my wallet... due to the fact I just closed my Walmart card.  

Now my only Synchrony card is my $7500 Care Credit... and I am totally fine with it.  It's the only card in their lineup that is worth it to me.  Smiley Happy

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 62 of 108
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

"Ashamed" is probably a pretty harsh term, but I'll admit that anytime I pull out my Capital One VentureOne Master Card I kind of look around to see if anyone notices that gold & shiny monstrosity.  Hopefully the newer version is coming soon so I can cut this thing up!  lol

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 63 of 108
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You should never be ashamed. Every card even credit one has a certain place for someone at some point in their journey. Nobody should keep credit one long term but I still understand their value.
Message 64 of 108
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

Abercrombie & Fitch (now defunct?) & Target for closing my card for wanting to use them (after SD'ing for 4 years, 2003-2007)

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 65 of 108
Gollum
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

for me it would be my discover it! i was approved around a year ago for $500, a year and two hard pulls later i am at $1,000. the average credit limit on other cards is almost right at $5,000 and i do not have to call the other companies to have my rewards credited properly......

this is not a bash discover thread more a curiousity about what cards you feel bad about having based on bad experiences

Capital One Visa Platinum.  It has a $10,500 credit limit, and a 15.4% interest rate.  The card is sock-drawered.  I keep the card only because it's my oldest CC.  It's embarassing.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 66 of 108
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

My last remaining AmEx card, tiny limit, never use it, no AF, but I keep it open for the 1978 tradeline.

Message 67 of 108
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Not ashamed but I regret getting the Cap One Plat Prestige. Has only a 1k limit, no rewards, and I have three other Cap 1 cards already. I'll prob just SD it indefinitely.

Message 68 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think "ashamed" is a bit strong, however, I felt as close to that as possible with my $300 Capital One.  I literally would only buy gas with that sucker, kept it 2 months and closed that damn card. 

Message 69 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Does the Ritz card have the same sort of look as Marriott?? Im ashamed of all my CCs hahha, and so far The Hawaiian Airlines WEMC Paradise Design is a draw attention card when handed to cashier. My DS has this card.

I love it soo much I have ordered a backup LOL. Should be here on Monday as I already have some scratchesSmiley Tongue

mod edit-personal image of cc

Odd seeing this.  When I appd last month, was approved and once my # was generated the card was shipped UPS.  I did not ask for a second card but the next day the same exact package arrived with a card and all matches. 

Message 70 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.