Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cards you are ashamed to have?

tag
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: cards you are ashamed to have?

Not ashamed of any cards as they've all served a purpose. I'm ashamed of myself for applying for so much new credit in a short amount of time; that's not the cards' fault lol.

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 81 of 108
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@msbia wrote:

Not ashamed of any cards as they've all served a purpose. I'm ashamed of myself for applying for so much new credit in a short amount of time; that's not the cards' fault lol.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm less than 40K away from having 100K total in unsecured credit myself and I have a relatively thin file. Always afraid of AA but I've just never had that issue ever with the prime lenders. I still can't believe it myself.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 82 of 108
msbia
Established Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@msbia wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm less than 40K away from having 100K total in unsecured credit myself and I have a relatively thin file. Always afraid of AA but I've just never had that issue ever with the prime lenders. I still can't believe it myself.

I'm less than $3k away now but I have plans to close some accounts in a few months lol. I. Must. Stop! 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 83 of 108
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@mitchblue wrote:

Maybe I don't get it but why is that embarrssing? 

@Gollum wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

for me it would be my discover it! i was approved around a year ago for $500, a year and two hard pulls later i am at $1,000. the average credit limit on other cards is almost right at $5,000 and i do not have to call the other companies to have my rewards credited properly......

this is not a bash discover thread more a curiousity about what cards you feel bad about having based on bad experiences

Capital One Visa Platinum.  It has a $10,500 credit limit, and a 15.4% interest rate.  The card is sock-drawered.  I keep the card only because it's my oldest CC.  It's embarassing.

I'm wondering the same thing.  Maybe it has something to do with the looks of the card?

To the OP: 2 HPs and you only received a measly $500 increase? Yikes!

I'm not ashamed of any of my cards, but apparently the auto SP love gravy train has come to an end with my Discover IT card.  I was approved for $2K in May 2013 and during the next 12 months, my CL was auto increased slowly to $3K, where it sits now.  And apparently the CLI option on their web site is nothing more than a tease.  It just prompts me to call in.  That's probably an HP trap.  I'm not going to fall for that. Lol.

Message 84 of 108
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

cards you are ashamed to have?

I don't derive shame or pride from my cards.  They're just tools.

Message 85 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1) Amex BCE. Can't believe I was ever impressed by 3%. Sorry Amex lovers, but I really think their cards are way overhyped when you learn about the awards other cards offer.

(2) Discover. I'm still a little annoyed they didn't automatically upgrade Mores to Its but really I've just outgrown them. Their low limit they won't increase has to be throwing off the computers at other lenders. I get they like to be conservative because they cater to more risky borrowers but when they won't grow with you and their rewards really aren't anything special, this one already ate the shredder and is going unused til they close it.

Message 86 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

The big hype with AMEX used to be that if you had one, You had "Arrived"

Now it's mostly the backdating.

They get rid of that and you'll see them fade out.
Message 87 of 108
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems like all lenders have loosened up their standards maybe with exception of FNBO/Simians and the likes.. Chase/Amex/Barclay's are all pretty easy for someone close to the 700's... 

Message 88 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems like all lenders have loosened up their standards maybe with exception of FNBO/Simians and the likes.. Chase/Amex/Barclay's are all pretty easy for someone close to the 700's... 

Simmons?

Message 89 of 108
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Simmons?

You are correct Nixon...  I am just a dumb person that lives in the south now! Smiley Tongue.. Also the tequilla doesn't help on my spelling

Message 90 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.