Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

care credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: care credit?

@Gollum wrote:

Care credit is not a credit card.  Each transaction is a loan from Synchrony Bank.  Your son's dentist is able to sign your son up for the loan.  The dentist chooses the number of days/months before the loan comes due in full.  Your son is on the hook to Synchrony Bank for the loan.  The APR is 26.99% if you do not pay off the loan in full by the end of the grace period.  The length of the grace period is chosen by your dentist.

https://www.carecredit.com/YourTerms/April2016.pdf

I'm not really sure what you mean by this.  If you look at your credit report it's reported as a credit card and a credit card account.  Each transaction on any credit card in the world is essentially a loan when you think about it.  The initial balance on your care credit account may have certain terms (zero interest for X period) but you can still use the card like any other credit card at Rite Aid for example... buying merchandise, food, etc.

Message 11 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Would somebody pleae explain how care credit actually works? My son is having a dental procedure done today and the dental office suggested using care credit for payment. They told me I can apply online. Wouldn't I have to wait to get the physical card before I can use it? Or should I just wait until I go to the dentist office and apply there? Thanks!

Care credit is not a credit card.  Each transaction is a loan from Synchrony Bank.  Your son's dentist is able to sign your son up for the loan.  The dentist chooses the number of days/months before the loan comes due in full.  Your son is on the hook to Synchrony Bank for the loan.  The APR is 26.99% if you do not pay off the loan in full by the end of the grace period.  The length of the grace period is chosen by your dentist.

https://www.carecredit.com/YourTerms/April2016.pdf

It reports to the credit bureau the same as a credit card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 14
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Mine shows as a Credit Card. Shows the credit line, and available balance as well as "paid as agreed " !
FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 13 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@cuthatcard wrote:
Mine shows as a Credit Card. Shows the credit line, and available balance as well as "paid as agreed " !

+1

Some people choose not to "think" of it as a credit card, but that doesn't change the reality that it is, indeed a credit card account and is reported as such. 

I'm not going to debate anybody on the semantics of what constitutes a credit card (we're each free to "think" what we want), but I'll add that FICO also considers Care Credit a credit card.  Semantics aside, that's what most of us are concerned with, anyway.  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.