Did you mean: 

carecredit's email sent today 2/2/10- "Changes to your CARECREDIT account"

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: carecredit's email sent today 2/2/10- "Changes to your CARECREDIT account"

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
90 days isn't true, they are just scaring you, I have there actual guidelines in righting, they review non-usage accounts after one year, but do not close non-usage for at least one year and six months. so don't be tricked into there lies. I didn't use my card for 8 months of non-usage, got the warning but never closed, I just used it recently no problems.

Just a general observation: just because something hasn't (or has) happened to one person in the past, that doesn't mean that it won't (or will) happen to others in the future.

The credit world is right up there with the investment market: past history is no guarantee of future performance. And if I received a letter from a lender saying, Here are the new rules, I think I'd tend to believe them, barring more compelling evidence.

By now we should have all learned that "guidelines" are written in sand.

eta: cna't splel
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-08-2010 06:17 PM

Quicksand I would say, but the really interesting thing about quicksand is that it's only dangerous to people who don't understand it.  Sand mixed with water has a much higher density than does any human body; therefore a person can float in quicksand (simple physics).  So if a person remains calm he or she will float quite safely and can then slowly move to solid ground.  But panic can make matters very bad very fast.  The same with money in most cases: by staying calm and learning the rules one can usually get someplace safer, but it may take a while to get there.

Message Edited by MattH on 02-08-2010 09:28 PM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

txjohn, I got the same "May be closed" that the OP got and my last charge was well within "Annual". It was 8.5 months ago.

Message 22 of 25
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

txjohn, I got the same "May be closed" that the OP got and my last charge was well within "Annual". It was 8.5 months ago.

i know people seem to be frustrated about this, but the cards ARE meant to be used...creditors are just changing their requirements.  it's not cool for us to put our cards on vacation for 9-12 months anymore.  we'll have to adapt, or close the accounts.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not overly concerned one way or the other. I need printer ink. I'll probably need printer ink again in 8.5 months.

And I do know these things have to be used. That is understandable.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you got a dog or a cat, go to a local vet, and buy one bottle of flea medcine it runs about $10-$30 depending on the size and what brand, its one of the cheapest things you can get and at least you can get it every few months, and may actually use it and keep your account open! heck get your teeth cleaned or something for less than $40 instead of getting junk you won't need or use get something that will benifit you!
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.