cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cash back card that doesn't cap on gas ?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cash back card that doesn't cap on gas ?!

And if you're on a road trip and just want to grab a quick item or two, I'd rather go in the convenience store then go into a grocery store (which takes longer and has longer lines).

Message 21 of 28
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
That's cool and all but with the fact that a gas conveinience store is gonna be way more expensive than buying the items elsewhere you are still better off buying the items at the grocery store vs the 5% at the convenience store

Can't go wrong with half price filled donuts after 4pm Smiley Wink

Raspberry with white icing, or cream filled with chocolate icing...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 22 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You have a point, I guess I'm just jaded because I fail to understand the people who stop in my store every.single.morning for a soda and a snack and a bag of chips. You would save a ton of money to just buy a case of soda and a bulk pack of bags of chips and bring them to work with you each day vs stopping at the store every single morning for these things. Makes no sense to me.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

You have a point, I guess I'm just jaded because I fail to understand the people who stop in my store every.single.morning for a soda and a snack and a bag of chips. You would save a ton of money to just buy a case of soda and a bulk pack of bags of chips and bring them to work with you each day vs stopping at the store every single morning for these things. Makes no sense to me.

I try to do that, I really do.

My work offers free pop fountains so that's taken care of pretty much (I can't drink most of that stuff though because of the extremely high sugar content)

There is a very particular brand of cajun flavored peanuts I like and eat as a snack at work daily that I cannot seem to find in bulk, so that is about $1 daily.

Message 24 of 28
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Usually those charts are helpful but I feel this one is confusing and not correct. I think the best uncapped card is the AARP Chase. Others might be equal and they should have an equal rating and if Penfed has 5% all the time I did not know that, so it would be #1.

and none of the cards I have seen only apply to a select grade of gas or diesel. some promotions have specified pay at the pump but that is usually all I do anyways.

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 25 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@signaturecardmember wrote:

Usually those charts are helpful but I feel this one is confusing and not correct. I think the best uncapped card is the AARP Chase. Others might be equal and they should have an equal rating and if Penfed has 5% all the time I did not know that, so it would be #1.

and none of the cards I have seen only apply to a select grade of gas or diesel. some promotions have specified pay at the pump but that is usually all I do anyways.

Penfed with a qualifying product is 5% all the time.  So is Fort Knox.  OBC (now capped at $50K) is also 5%   The first two are obviously better than AARP.

Message 26 of 28
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Penfed with a qualifying product is 5% all the time.  So is Fort Knox.  OBC (now capped at $50K) is also 5%   The first two are obviously better than AARP.

OBC is capped now? Does it drop to 1% after $50k spend?

Just another change I need to make to the charts...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 27 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

OBC is capped now? Does it drop to 1% after $50k spend?

Just another change I need to make to the charts...

Yes, 1% on the first $6,500, then 5% on the next $50,000, then 1% again.   However, they did remove the $400 per transaction cap for gas!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.