cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cash back card that doesn't cap on gas ?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cash back card that doesn't cap on gas ?!

Penfed hp when you apply for their savings account (for the membership)
Message 11 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

The penfed looks like a good choice for OP, but correct me if I'm wrong: you can't just up and apply for it. You have to be in the credit union, and does that not require going through some hoops? If you aren't eligibile for it, it's no good.

Unlike say NFCU, Penfed is open to all by making a donation to one of two organizations.   And sure, it's not always that easy to get  a Penfed card, but it's not THAT hard.

And if OP plans on doing this as a job, worth trying!

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

AARP is a great one.
Message 13 of 28
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

Ahh i see i thought for some reason Penfed was an lot harder to get than most cards. 

PenFed seems to be quick to cite pyramiding so you do have to be careful about new accounts and balances.

It's actually 3% with a $25 AF but "with qualifying product" it's 5% with no AF.  See their site for details.  I'd recommend it.  An MM Savings Account is one of the qualifying products and has a $25 minimum deposit to open.  No caps and rewards are automatically credited each statement.

@kdm31091 wrote:

You have to be in the credit union, and does that not require going through some hoops?

It's not much of a hoop for PenFed.  Like many other CU's their eligibility info is on their site.

@Anonymous wrote:
Penfed hp when you apply for their savings account (for the membership)

Yes but you can join and apply for a card with the same HP.

Message 14 of 28
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

gas.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 15 of 28
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Just be sure this truck driving you plan to do is in a truck that uses Gasoline, and not Diesel.

I don't know if these gas cards would work at places that sell diesel to truckers.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Just be sure this truck driving you plan to do is in a truck that uses Gasoline, and not Diesel.

I don't know if these gas cards would work at places that sell diesel to truckers.

OBC did.

SM does for me (One of my cars is diesel)

Discover, Freedom too.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

OBC did.

SM does for me (One of my cars is diesel)

Discover, Freedom too.

Love Sallie. She even gives 5% back on what you buy in the gas station convenience store itself.

Message 18 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

That's cool and all but with the fact that a gas conveinience store is gonna be way more expensive than buying the items elsewhere you are still better off buying the items at the grocery store vs the 5% at the convenience store
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
That's cool and all but with the fact that a gas conveinience store is gonna be way more expensive than buying the items elsewhere you are still better off buying the items at the grocery store vs the 5% at the convenience store

Depends...We have a couple of conv stores here that are pretty much on par with grocery stores on prices. Very popular.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.