Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cash rewards wait time

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

cash rewards wait time

I just got the second statement on my Amex BCE card.  I finally see some rewards cash in my account... from my LAST statement.

Am I always going to have to wait a whole 1-2 months after transactions post to see my rewards?

Here's a list of what I've observed for wait times on rewards availability from some lenders.  Maybe you guys can help fill in the blanks.

Capital One: as soon as the purchase clears

Chase: statement closing

Citi: statement closing

Amex: NEXT statement closing (signup bonus and 10% restaurant promotion rewards show 2 days after purchases clear as automatic statement credit)

Discover: (I've heard rewards are available right away but I don't have an account)

BoA: ???

Wells: ???

Barclay: ???

Synovus: account anniversary date (LOL) in $20 increments only (LOL) max $400 (LOL)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cash rewards wait time

@MrDisco99 wrote:

I just got the second statement on my Amex BCE card.  I finally see some rewards cash in my account... from my LAST statement.

Am I always going to have to wait a whole 1-2 months after transactions post to see my rewards?

Here's a list of what I've observed for wait times on rewards availability from some lenders.  Maybe you guys can help fill in the blanks.

Amex: NEXT statement closing (signup bonus and 10% restaurant promotion rewards show 2 days after purchases clear as automatic statement credit)

Discover: (I've heard rewards are available right away but I don't have an account)

Synovus: account anniversary date (LOL) in $20 increments only (LOL) max $400 (LOL)

Amex is always a statement behind. BoA you will have your rewards available on statement cut. Same as Wells. Barclay post when the transaction does.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Disco IT cashback is available after the statement cuts.

Message 3 of 7
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Technically the payout depends on the product that you have. However American Express has a habit of waiting a statement after the amount is earned to pay out making them the slowest in the buisness. That is basicly a side effect of their early popularity and the fact that the BCE is the only card in their portfolio that actually has rewards come out is pure cash so they delay it so they can guarentee you can afford the non-rewards price.  You have to remember that AMEX tries to look like a rich mans card even though they really are not what they try to be anymore.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 4 of 7
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Not only does Amex BCE make you wait until the second statement following the purchase to post your rewards, but they also make you wait until you have at least $25 before you can redeem.  In contrast, NFCU's cashRewards card posts the rewards at the same time as the purchase posts.  No need to wait for a statement to close.  You can redeem any amount at any time.  In 2016, these were the two cards at the top of my wallet, and I loved the way the cashRewards card worked but was endlessly frustrated by the BCE's delaying tactics.  (Note:  NFCU's GO Rewards card is not nearly so easy to use as their cashRewards.  It has a $50 minimum redemption.  I think NFCU has a third party vendor operating the GO Rewards program.)

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 7
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

BOA-statement cut

Barclays-statement cut 

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 6 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Steelersboy wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

BOA-statement cut

Barclays-statement cut 

No, for Barclays rewards show as the charge posts to the account and can be redeemed anytime when it reaches the redemption level requirement, $10 for Rewards MC, $50 for Cashback. And BoA is statement cut plus $25 minimum redemption level, 25% bonus for redeeming rewards to a BoA checking account, higher redemption bonus for investment accounts.

And to add one to the list, Penfed Power Cash can be redeemed anytime w/$5 increments, but doesn't post until statement cut. My May 26 statement had a $5 credit balance from rewards, but they reported $0 balance to CRAs.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.