Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cdc fcu

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cdc fcu

Sounds encouraging ducky. Smiley Happy

Why don't you ask her to run the numbers on the 4.9% and compare?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thinking about it, but not sure if the savings would justify stiffing jfcu and adding yet another new account x 2. jfcu took care of me by dropping one of them to 6.9 from 19.24 and i think they earned my buis because of that.

gotta say though the loan officer i spoke with was very nice, took a good deal of time looking into if my packet had been picked up, communicating to others to be looking out for it, etc.. then took time to field all the questions a crazy man could think of. to her credit she handled them in a pleasent and helpful manner.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

well still in the ironing out the kinks stage.

they will only go to 1k on a loc and that's for overdraft protection on a checking account. i did speak w/a very patient and helpful loan officer and it looks like i can consolidate about 35k worth of unsecured installment debt at 9.25% and save about $170.00 and month. the loan officer was concerned about debt to income (56% if i go it w/o dw), so even despite a bad check from '03 (that just poped up on her eq and is reporting twice!) they are willing to put her on the account to help get the debt to income down.

they are even willing to go down to 4.4% on the cars that jfcu has at 6.99%, this would save me about another $20.00 a month. and they are willing to put dw on these loans as well.

i'm a huge jfcu fan, but witht he economy going in the direction it seems to be, i'm thinking about everything and saving where i can. even took a hard on eq to switch to direct tv to save $20.00 a month. i think if they are willing to help me put money back into my budget i should go for it.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some tough calls Ducky-

$ trumps FICO any day of the week IMO-

Message 14 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'd move the auto loan! JFCU is still getting your business on the other stuff, too. I know what you mean --I felt guilty when I took the 4.99% auto loan from PenFed, and didn't even ask USAA what they had first. But as it happened, USAA had just softed me for their periodic offers, and an offer popped up from them for a 6.24% loan. So I'm happy with my choice.

If you don't have a new credit app coming up, I'd go with the $$$.

And by the way, thank you for supplying me with a new anonymous figure of blame whenever things don't go smoothly --it must be "Charles the courier!" Smiley Happy

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-16-2008 07:45 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i know it makes more $ sense to move and i will 99% make the move. the only other issue is a disclosure form that we have to fill out for the unsecured loan. they ask for info on anything over 15k. one of the questions is of course ever file bk, if yes explain.

well when i was 19 i let my car insurance lapse and had a crash. at an attorney's advice i filed for something on the order of 300k (triple what the total crash and any other debts he estimated i had were). that's been about 20 years ago so i hope they don't take a harsh view at that.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.