cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chances for barclays rewards card. advice??----UPDATE!!!!!

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: chances for barclays rewards card. advice??-UPDATE

so i just got in touch with a credit analyst and they WONT approve my app. at this time for the specific reason of carrying the 2 high balances which i told the analyst i could pay in full right now but he wouldnt approve me just b/c of that. bummer man i was really hopefull with the high success rate of recon"s...

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 17
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: chances for barclays rewards card. advice??

Yea so I think I'm gonna do another recon. BC the first Guy I spoke with didn't really wanna seem to help and all he kept mentioning was the 2 high balances of 242 on 300 limit cards. That's ridiculous to be denied for, its hard as heck to keep those balances low when the limit is so low, I could pay them both off right now if I wanted too. But that was why he wouldn't approve app. Anyone have any advice as to how I should talk or what to tell the next analyst?? I really want this dang card???

Message 12 of 17
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Actually both cards are almost $100 lower than that, they just haven't reported yet

Message 13 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: chances for barclays rewards card. advice??-UPDATE

@gettnthere wrote:

so i just got in touch with a credit analyst and they WONT approve my app. at this time for the specific reason of carrying the 2 high balances which i told the analyst i could pay in full right now but he wouldnt approve me just b/c of that. bummer man i was really hopefull with the high success rate of recon"s...

Sorry to hear that. My brother got denied for the same thing, high balances on really low limit cards. I would have approved you. As you said, you should try again. Maybe explain that you pay them off every month and just want to show usage on your reports.

Message 14 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

OP I wouldn't have applied with this card with the 2 maxed out cards, and they are low limits at that. They're more than likely not going to reconsider an app with those issues. Always worth a try tho.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Without even reading 2nd page my post was correct. Best option for you is to pay off the cards and try in 60 days. Remember before you apply for any new credit its always best to have overall util. around 10% or lower.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 17
gettnthere
Established Contributor

dang, so you guys really dont think i stand a chance with the recon. i plan on doing monday. the balances really are lower than whats reported and everything looked good besides that. it seems kinda crazy, i just really wanted to take this as my primary card without having to make several montly payments on the same card, i just messed up this month and didnt get the payment in before the statement cut. is there anyone that had a similar case to mine that can help me out with some info when i do the recon on monday or someone who thinks i stand a chance offer me some advice as to how to explain my situation with the credit analyst. i will take any advice given by anyone who has a minute to help me. i want this card so bad i can taste it. im sick and tired of the "subprime" cap1 cards i have with AF. anyone is welcome to PM info they think migh help..thanks to all the members who have repliedSmiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.