Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chances of being approved for amex

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Re: chances of being approved for amex

i say atleast 6 months. that will give you a decent payment history with them, and they are able to assess your spending habits. plus like the others have said, it will only be a SP if you are denied.

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 11 of 34
daimler55

judgement had nothing to do with me...it only appears on ex and not on tu or eq. i just havent had time to clear it.

Message 12 of 34
daimler55

so if im to understand correctly...amex will not approve a revolver typically with a judgement even if credit score is in the 700's

Message 13 of 34
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

They have their own internal scoring criteria. They take into acct more than just your score.  folks with 750's have been denied while folks with 650s have been approved. Amex is goofy like that.

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 14 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

IMO I would wait until January, for these reasons:

-This gives you time to try to resolve your baddies/judgements

-This adds positive history to your current AMEX account

-This gives you backdating to '13 if you app in January

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 34
daimler55

i understand they do  soft pull if declined...so i guess my question is let say i wait and i apply and its a decline again, the fact i keep apping for their revolver...wont it look bad that i keep getting declined on their records

Message 16 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@daimler55 wrote:

i understand they do  soft pull if declined...so i guess my question is let say i wait and i apply and its a decline again, the fact i keep apping for their revolver...wont it look bad that i keep getting declined on their records

Not really, there are some folks here that app monthly to get their EX FICO Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 34
daimler55

LOL

Message 18 of 34
daimler55

i know someone who has spot less cr and 725 score and was declined for bce so i clearly get their have their own metric. since i had the hard pulls already and am planning to garden, i didnt want to risk more pulls in the future so i figured maybe i would give a delta a shot since its easier apparently. my may ex score as far i know was 700ish dont know what fico is

Message 19 of 34
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@daimler55 wrote:

so if im to understand correctly...amex will not approve a revolver typically with a judgement even if credit score is in the 700's

My guess is that they won't approve with a judgement.....but I could certainly be wrong.    FICO scores are certainly not a clear indicator of approval with AMEX -- many people with FICO scores over 700 have reported being denied.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.