Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing cards...does it count?

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

changing cards...does it count?

Hello, I recently (month ago) changed my Citi select to a Hilton Reserve Visa over the phone, same CL no problems....also got a Amex SPG (new)  I applied for a  Capital One Venture one card and was denied for having too many recent pulls on my CR....not gettng that, does the Citi swap count as new??  Since turned down from cap1 I wanted to try the Barclay Arrive card  BUT I already have the iTunes and NFL from them and not sure how many accounts they would allow (9,500 and 7,300 CL respectively on both with a $3,000 interest free balance for a year on the iTunes card)   my FICO on my Walmart says 805....any advice on Barclay? And of course oringinal question of Citi, is that a "pull" on my report? thanks.....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ElCamino
Contributor

Re: changing cards...does it count?

Well I would recommend you sign up for some form of credit monitoring, that way you can track how many inquiries you have on your various CRs. Have you done any car or house shopping? Joined any CUs?

Also how old are all of your cards? A PC will usually result in a HP, but it won't affect the age of your account.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 2 of 4
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

thanks for the reply ElCamino, YES car in January, did not even think of that WOW  ....generally I do have a lot of cards...oldest from the 80's and still using it...specific to citi that card is about 4 years old, barclay itunes is probably 4 years and NFL is from this past Dec.....so now thinking of the car....how long for that to drop off so I could apply for arrive?  Thanks again did not even think of the car loan.....

Message 3 of 4
ElCamino
Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

thanks for the reply ElCamino, YES car in January, did not even think of that WOW  ....generally I do have a lot of cards...oldest from the 80's and still using it...specific to citi that card is about 4 years old, barclay itunes is probably 4 years and NFL is from this past Dec.....so now thinking of the car....how long for that to drop off so I could apply for arrive?  Thanks again did not even think of the car loan.....

Typically, you want to wait 6 months to a year for the inquiries to age. Depends on the lender and your credit scores.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.