Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase Amazon visa

tag
c3troop
New Contributor

chase Amazon visa

Hey guys thinking of getting this for my wife since we spend so much on Amazon. She has a 700 credit score would she get approved? Also does anyone know the pros and cons of this card? Do the point youearn go to the UR like her freedom?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: chase Amazon visa

Hi!

From what I've read in the past here, it's one of the easier Chase cards to obtain..Does she have any BK or baddies on her CR? Is that 700 a FICO or FAKO score?

Good Luck

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 13
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Also I think right now if you are approved you get automatically a $30 gift card, not sure of points earned etc.

Also does anyone know if you don't get an instant approval is it an automatic denial?  I had a friend who applied a few days ago and it wasn't instant, I think it said it would email him..Does that sound right??

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 3 of 13
c3troop
New Contributor

No no bad reports just not a long aaoa. 700 is fico. How does this card compare to the citi forward?
Message 4 of 13
learnin113
Established Contributor

@c3troop wrote:
No no bad reports just not a long aaoa. 700 is fico. How does this card compare to the citi forward?

It does not.  Store-branded versus a prime card.  No comparison.

Message 5 of 13
calihlove75
Established Contributor

That was actually my first credit card with chase. At that time, I was approved when my TU fico was only 640 and a collection to boot. I initially thought the card would be great because I also shop on Amazon a lot, but I have had a hard time with that 3 point category. Apparently, its only for products sold and fulfilled by Amazon. I did a $800 order for items sold by Bebe but fulfilled by amazon and it did not qualify for that level in rewards because I only earned from the one point category.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 6 of 13
c3troop
New Contributor

Wow ok so go with the forward if the main reason is to get points back on Amazon?
Message 7 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@c3troop wrote:
Hey guys thinking of getting this for my wife since we spend so much on Amazon. She has a 700 credit score would she get approved? Also does anyone know the pros and cons of this card? Do the point youearn go to the UR like her freedom?

Chase Amazon Card is really nice... You can redeem the points for statement credit, cash, or use them to shop at amazon.  The points are not UR points, but they are easy to redeem.

You also get 2X points for purchases at restaurants, drugstores, and gas stations

1X points for everything else.

To me, the Amazon card is a good value. Its a better value than Chase Sapphire.

Some people use the Citi Forward (i think this is the right card)  which gives 5% cash back at bookstores.  Amazon merchant code is a bookstore for Citi, so they use that card.

I personally don't do business with Citi, so for me, The chase card is the next best thing.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@learnin113 wrote:

@c3troop wrote:

It does not.  Store-branded versus a prime card.  No comparison.

The Chase Amazon Card is not a store branded card, it is simply a credit card that is co-branded, similar to Hyatt visa or BP visa.  And Chase is considered Prime.

FICO 9:

Message 9 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@bamagirl1 wrote:

Also I think right now if you are approved you get automatically a $30 gift card, not sure of points earned etc.

Also does anyone know if you don't get an instant approval is it an automatic denial?  I had a friend who applied a few days ago and it wasn't instant, I think it said it would email him..Does that sound right??

If you don't get instant approval, you can always call to recon.  That is what i did.  My denial reason was too many inquiries... I was able to have the analyst review my report and realize that these were all mortgage related.

If your wife already has a relationship with Chase, they take that into account when issuing the Credit Limit.  I was given 5k, but I've been banking with Chase since 2000 and have used them for a number of installment loans, education loans, and credit card products.

FICO 9:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.