Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase CL consolidation

tag
variableResistor
Valued Member

chase CL consolidation

My oldest chase card is an amazon visa and the newer card is a chase freedom visa. I want to transfer the entire limit from my amazon visa to my freedom visa. How will this effect my credit report? Will the amazon visa just be marked as closed and the freedom with the new CL? Can I get the freedom card with a member since date backdated to when I got the amazon visa? If the newer CL is above 5k do I automaticly get a visa signature? Shold I wait to have the freedom for at least a year before doing this? Also the freedom was opened with student as occupation and it is before my expected graduation. the amazon visa has employed as occupation on the appliction. The freedom card has a much lower CL.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: chase CL consolidation

Not sure you can transfer a backed cl..will let more exp folks weigh in,,never did that only form one straight chase to another...
As far as reports it show the limit on each card like usual,but it does continue to show high balance on each card,some it shows the credit limit changes.
I don't think they update you to a sig for this reason@least they didn't on mine..but didn't ask,didn't need it,didn't care... Kudos for interesting questions... will like to see some more answers...
Good luck on your journey......

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase CL consolidation

Hi variableResitor,

I will answer the ones i know and for sure you will get some more help here,  i did this recentley (a month ago), i transferred my chase amazon limit  into my freedom so:

vr: Will the amazon visa just be marked as closed and the freedom with the new CL?

Yes, i still have my amazon visa in my chase web account but it says closed, it will be there for 3 months in case has balance you have the oportunity to still make payments to it.

vr:  If the newer CL is above 5k do I automaticly get a visa signature?

No, you have to qualified for a signature Freedom, i do have $8.5k on my freedom and its not a signature visa, they (chase) will upgrade it for you when you get the promotion)

vr: Shold I wait to have the freedom for at least a year before doing this?

No, i did the CL transfer within a week of been approved for the amazon card, i received the amazon visa card and went straight to the garbage, it was already closed by the time i received it.

Hope this help Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.