Established Contributor

Re: chase IHG is not a bad card!

where and how you get an extra $50?

Message 11 of 19
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

didnt really know about this card until my wife mentioned it to me and then I started looking into it and im surprised that Its not talked about more then it is. I understand IHG are not top flight hotels but there is a 80k point offer which is good for at least 4 free nights in decent holiday inn express type hotels or about 2 free nights in the better IC brand hotels, then you get a free night in any IHG hotel worldwide annually with no catagory restrictions unlike other "hotel" cards. and the AF is waived first year then $49 which is really worth it since the free night is worth so much more then that. its not a top flight hotel card but an excellent mid level hotel card IMHO.

Never heard of this one...thanks for the post. I'll have to "look into it"...lol. Don't worry ERT, I promised MyJourney no more apps for at least 6 months!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 12 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 19
samm90
New Contributor

Anyone know what platinum elite status entails?
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 14 of 19
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@GetTheFico wrote:
I got the 60k signup bonus + $50 statement credit offer instead of the 80k.

I got both. First I got the 80K then SM'ed Chase and got the $50.

Originally I only received the 60k offer, so I applied & was approved.

The next day I notice the 60k + $50 statement credit offer in my IHG account so I sm'ed Chase once I received the card & they applied the $50 credit.

Then I get home the very next day to notice the 80k offer in the mail, I sm'ed Chase again but they said I was only eligible for one signup bonus.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 15 of 19
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@creditfan wrote:

where and how you get an extra $50?

It may have been a targeted offer. I noticed it when logged into my IHG account.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 16 of 19
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Smiley Very Happy

I am getting the 80,000 points bonus. 

Message 17 of 19
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Just doing some due diligence, how do you get the 80k sign up points? The website is only offering the 60k bonus.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 18 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/inhotel80k

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.