Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase amazon duplicate card..?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase amazon duplicate card..?

so i got my chase amazon card in the mail and it came with a duplicate. same card number, color, expiration, code on back, and both are chipped. they came side by side on the paper. why would they send two?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase amazon duplicate card..?

nvm when i called to activate it transferred me to a lady and she said somehow on the application it put me on twice so i got two. now whatever moron decided to stick two cards on the envelope knowing they're the same thing and mailing it out is beyond me lol
Message 2 of 13
happypill
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
nvm when i called to activate it transferred me to a lady and she said somehow on the application it put me on twice so i got two. now whatever moron decided to stick two cards on the envelope knowing they're the same thing and mailing it out is beyond me lol

The moron is probably a machine.  I don't think they have actual people stuffing envelopes any more.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i figure they'd still have people putting the cards on that paper with tape. maybe not idk
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You think that is bad? I tried getting my BoA card replaced after fraud. I would call, they would tell me they are sending a new one. I never got it, so this went on REPEATEDLY, over and over, over the course of months. I was getting fed up and finally talked to a supervisor who said I wasnt getting my card due to a fraud alert on my account. Its like no crap there was a fraud alert. Thats why I had the old card cancelled and you were supposed to send a new one. Thats why the first rep I talked to asked me security questions to verify my identity. Anyways, after I talked to the supervisor, i got a barrage of envelopes a few days later.

http://imgur.com/1yQ5Xm8
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the card!  Smiley Very Happy  moron-0

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

johnny... dang. and you know ALL those cards had different numbers lmfao! that must have been a nightmare!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually no, they all had the same number. Im guessing they got put in a "queue" of sorts, then when the alert was lifted they all got processed immediately, with no reason to use different numbers. Thats my theory anyways lol
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh geez. you had a happy shredder lol.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, now I have a card for each day of the week. Haha, not really
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.