Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase amazon visa and gemb store card - compare and contrast

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

chase amazon visa and gemb store card - compare and contrast

what was the initial CL approved and current limit on GEMB Amazon Store Card or the Chase Amazon Visa? 

me:

gemb amazon: 400/ 1k

chase amazon visa: 3.2k/ 3.2k

gemb has granted 200 CLI every several months w/o HP and although Chase offered a significantly higher CL out of the box, i think any CLI will be a HP. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase amazon visa and gemb store card - compare and contrast

Chase Amazon was my card with the lowest starting limit ($300). They automatically raised it to $900 after 3 months.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

the store card is only special finanaces like %0 for 24 months

Visa earn 3 points/$1 amazon.com 2 points for resturants gas drug stores office supply

doulde for first 90 days

rewards limited to 60K net purchases points expire  48 months after earned

2,500 points - $25 amazon gift cert 5000 $50 cash

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my Chase Amazon in June 2007 with a $1700 CL. I think there was 0% APR offer at the time. I closed the account earlier this year. Did not get any CLI over that period.

Message Edited by kay9 on 05-13-2009 03:58 PM
Message 4 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

thanks for posting and info

kay9- were you dissatisfied with the card/ issuer, do you have other chase accts.?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 8
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

August 08 -- Chase Amazon Visa 4k/4k -- had to recon due to a CO w/ FIA/Chase from 1996'ish.

Love the card, love the card, love the card.  I've earned oodles of cash back (darn that cash back cap, tho) and will switch to Amazon gift cards when I max out the cash every year.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time I read one of these thread, I get more annoyed by this $300 starting limit they gave me. I'd like to know why. Even with now $900, it's my lowest credit limit.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase Amazon visa and gemb store card - compare and contrast

Not at all as I was thinking of calling them to see if the will re open the account, This was before my sudden past weekend spree though.

I closed the account because once I paid the balance in full before the promotion end date I would close the account as I feel there would be no reason to keep it since I only got what I wanted at the time. . Before this site, I would open an account so I can get something with the 0 APR financing and then once I pay it off I would then close the accounts. This has been done for about 15 accounts over a few years. Now I know that can be a negative on my scores.

Other than the Amazon Visa I have no other history with Chase.

EDIT:

Actually as I think of it, there was no 0 APR financing for this card. I think it was something about saving 30 dollars off your purchase if you applied at check out. Also a rewards certificate for $25.00 to redeem on Amazon.

Message Edited by kay9 on 05-13-2009 08:26 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.