cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase and citi cards credit score needed???

tag
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

chase and citi cards credit score needed???

i am currently in the garden but might come back out in 6 to 9 months to try for a chase freedom and or citi card. i am wondering what the lowest scores are for people approved for citi and chase cards. i do have a zales and home depot store cards but would like to finally get my foot in the door with them with a real card from both. just wondering what everyone opinions are??

72 cards and done 312,800 in available credit
0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

inqs= eq 48 / ex 35 / tu 15
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: chase and citi cards credit score needed???

@mossmanb5 wrote:

i am currently in the garden but might come back out in 6 to 9 months to try for a chase freedom and or citi card. i am wondering what the lowest scores are for people approved for citi and chase cards. i do have a zales and home depot store cards but would like to finally get my foot in the door with them with a real card from both. just wondering what everyone opinions are??

your best bet would check pre approvals for both cards to see if you get pre approval usually an good sign. Second thing you could do is google credit pulls and then enter in your pertinant info and see what scores most people have that were approved for said cards. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 9
edcb
Contributor

I just got approved for a Chase Freedom last week at 2k.  HOWEVER....

I had a preapproval.  I was denied for a Discover it at the same time and I am almost certain I got approved for the Chase card because I'm a long time (5+ years) Chase banking customer.  I also have my downpayment for a house in my chase checking - which is substantial - just sitting there and growing.  Really, giving me 2k in credit was a token gift.  They also know exactly how much I make because my salary + bonuses all direct deposit into that account.

My score is ho-hum but anything less than 5 years old is medical, and everything NOT medical will fall off by this fall.  So I'm prob a decent risk anyway.

In the garden until October 2015!

Journey began 12/13
My wallet: Cap1 Journey (12/13) $4,800 - Cap1 QS (3/14) $1,500 - Chase Freedom (5/14) $3,000 - Chase CSP (12/14) $8,000

Closed on my primary home and income property in December 2014!
Message 3 of 9
shk12344
New Visitor

I recently applied for Chase Freedom Credit Card (actually last thursday 5/15). I have a credit score between 740 -750 with 17 percent utlization rate. I also have checking account with Chase and a Chase Amazon credit card with $1000 credit limit.

When I first applied, I thought that I would be approved immediatley. However I was given 7-14 day wait period and immeditely received an email telling me that it could take up to 30 days for decision to be made. About 4 days later when I logged into my Chase checking account, I noticed a new credit card account . That's when I found out I was approved for the card with $4000 credit limit. I plan to get rid of Chase Amazon and stay  with Freedom. 

Now my plan is to go into garden for couple of years.

That's been my experience. Hope it helps.

Message 4 of 9
bk510
Valued Contributor

@mossmanb5 wrote:

I would like to do the same with my profile.......burned chase and citi, 2yrs post BK7 discharge. been clean since, score of 670 usaa.

I know Chase & Citi pull EX for me. Wonder if its too early for me to try?

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 5 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Generally speaking you'll get denied until you address your outstanding debts with them.

@mossmanb5 wrote:

just wondering what everyone opinions are??

Score is one thing to consider.  Make sure your utilization is in check if not optimized.

Message 6 of 9
facutardeat
New Contributor

I found this link yesterday (someone in another thread posted it - don't remember who, so apologies for not affording credit):  google 'credit pulls database '

You can enter in the relevant info (the creditor you're intrested in, your state, etc.) and do a quick search.  Info will populate re: approvals / denials for the various cards that that particular creditor offers.  This is particularly useful for determining which credit report is pulled by each creditor in each state, but people also tend to provide a short summary of their credit profile as of when they applied for the cards.

Hope that's somewhat helpful Smiley Happy

mod edit- link to website ~Lexie

As of 5/23/14, via myFICO EQ 779 | TU 762 | EX 795

As of 5/22/14 Credit Sesame 746 | Credit Karma 754

AmEx EveryDay Preferred $2,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,000 | Chase Freedom $8,000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus $5,200
Message 7 of 9
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@mossmanb5 wrote:

I would like to do the same with my profile.......burned chase and citi, 2yrs post BK7 discharge. been clean since, score of 670 usaa.

I know Chase & Citi pull EX for me. Wonder if its too early for me to try?

To put it bluntly dont even waste your time.  I'm 3.5 years out and they basically told me to try again in 3.5 years when I hit 7 years.  I recon'd 5 times and got the same answer each time. 

Message 8 of 9
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Yeah I'm not even bothering with lenders like Chase and Citi as well as Discover until my Ch 13 falls off my report in April 2016.

My Best Buy card is Citi but that's because they bought out Cap One a month after I opened account.
FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.