Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase,boa,discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase,boa,discover

These seem to be the most difficult banks to get in with. I have one 4 year old derog and can't get any of those 3 to give me a card. has anyone with less then stellar credit gotten in with any of those 3 banks??
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase,boa,discover

chase and boa

boa only after some cleaning up though. chase is my lowest non-store cl 500.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got a boa relatively easy when i was in the low 600s and i got a chase card with a derog when i was in the mid 600s. i've never tried for a disover.
Message 3 of 11
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have 3 Chase cards and 3 BOA cards (had 6, but consolidated 4 into 1). Started with secured BOA CC, which had been graduated after 9 months.
Clean CR, but very short cr. history (less than 2 years).
Combined Chase CL is 7500, combined BOFA CL is 21300
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

guess I'll wait a few months and try again with BOA, Chase, and discover. At first I didn't understand that the same CC company could offer ifferent cards to different credit scores and got rejected for 2 visa sig cards and a discover motiva. what would be good cards to app for next time that I would have a high chance at approval? thanks!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

D_Boone wrote:
guess I'll wait a few months and try again with BOA, Chase, and discover. At first I didn't understand that the same CC company could offer ifferent cards to different credit scores and got rejected for 2 visa sig cards and a discover motiva. what would be good cards to app for next time that I would have a high chance at approval? thanks!

Check out the BofA online preapproval.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA can bite it. I've got mm accounts with them but yet they say I can get a secured card?? tens of thousands in credit total and I get treated like this?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

D_Boone wrote:
BoA can bite it. I've got mm accounts with them but yet they say I can get a secured card?? tens of thousands in credit total and I get treated like this?

Is that what the preapproval link offered you?  A secured card?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup, or a checking/saving account!
Message 9 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

D_Boone, is the four-year-old derog the only negative on your reports? That's pretty amazing, to be declined for all those cards! Do you have something else going on? For instance, what's your reported revolving util?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.