Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase cli for 2 cards

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

chase cli for 2 cards

If i have 2 chase cards and i want to do a cli on both in the same day, does that count for only 1 inquiry? thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase cli for 2 cards

oracles wrote:
If i have 2 chase cards and i want to do a cli on both in the same day, does that count for only 1 inquiry? thanks

Good question.  I would suspect it would involve two pulls, but I'm not sure about that.

As far as whether it counts for one inquiry, as far as FICO is concerned the answer is yes.  FICO would deduplicate them even if they pulled twice, but they would still show as two inquiries on your report.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-05-2008 06:25 PM
Message 2 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@oracles wrote:

Good question.  I would suspect it would involve two pulls, but I'm not sure about that.

As far as whether it counts for one inquiry, as far as FICO is concerned the answer is yes.  FICO would deduplicate them even if they pulled twice, but they would still show as two inquiries on your report.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-05-2008 06:25 PM

Why would FICO count them as one if they were for CLIs?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

Why would FICO count them as one if they were for CLIs?

FICO de-dupes same-creditor INQs, similar to the way that auto loan INQs are de-duped.  Except in this case it's not the type of INQ that matters, but the actual creditor.

Message 4 of 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

thanks cheddar, that is what i thought.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.