Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase closed my account??

tag
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

chase closed my account??

i have read others experiences here regarding banks closing their accts and never figured it would happen to me..

i applied for chase freedom 3-4 months ago for the sign up bonus. i got the bonus, cashed it out and didnt use it too much after that since i didnt have a need for it. i was planning on keeping it open and in the sock drawer, in case i needed it down the road. i know banks may close for inactivity but it had only 30-40 days worth of inactivity before it got shut down.

is this really enough of a reason to close the account or do you think theres any thing else happening? no negative info on my bureau, and i only applied for 1 other new account since the freedom.

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase closed my account??

Maybe they didnt like that once you got the bonus your card use stopped? I'm just taking a guess. Have no idea if thats something they really notice but from what you've stated you basically used the card for the bonus and then left it alone. No one would know for sure except Chase

Message 2 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Suddenlyy wrote:

i have read others experiences here regarding banks closing their accts and never figured it would happen to me..

i applied for chase freedom 3-4 months ago for the sign up bonus. i got the bonus, cashed it out and didnt use it too much after that since i didnt have a need for it. i was planning on keeping it open and in the sock drawer, in case i needed it down the road. i know banks may close for inactivity but it had only 30-40 days worth of inactivity before it got shut down.

is this really enough of a reason to close the account or do you think theres any thing else happening? no negative info on my bureau, and i only applied for 1 other new account since the freedom.

Doesn't seem right.

There had to be more at play here.

Any sudden drop in credit score?

Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something seems wrong I would call in an see what they claim the issue is

Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe they didnt like that once you got the bonus your card use stopped? I'm just taking a guess. Have no idea if thats something they really notice but from what you've stated you basically used the card for the bonus and then left it alone. No one would know for sure except Chase

If this was the case then ours should have been closed too.

We spent the $500 for the 25K UR bonus and then did a BT to it and have used it sparingly since, paying down the balance 10% per month.

Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Suddenlyy wrote:

i opened a Chase Freedom in August and a Chase AARP in September this Year and i already charged the $500 to the Freedom and to the AARP i already charged about $150, Yesterday i received a Call for the Freedom asking me to Verify my information, i found that strange since i have the Freedom now basically for 3 months and they are Calling me now to Verify stuff, Anyways, Even though i already charged the $500, i'm still charging Over $10 every month so it can continue being active, i Don't want Chase to close any of my 2 Accounts...Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 46
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

has anyone actually had luck when them stating the reason for closure? ive read a lot of posts where chase was unwiling to state the reason.

i did send a secure message so ill let  you guys know what they say

the only "negative" thing that would have popped up on my bureau is a new cap1 QS.

there was no "ms" at all on the acct. i just used it for normal purchases until i met the 500 goal, paid it off, took bonus, left inacitve for about 40 days, CLOSED.

Message 7 of 46
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Just be tenacious and don't take no for an answer. Make them give you a good explanation. Involve the EO if you have to.
Message 8 of 46
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

I'm interested in knowing what the OP is able to find out from Chase.  I still have the Freedom card on my radar, but a move like this from Chase is troubling.

Message 9 of 46
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

what is the balance vs CL on it right now?

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.