Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase closed my account??

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Re: chase closed my account??

@Turbobuick wrote:

Oh come on. This one is more intriguing than most posts here. Besides, it just made many here paranoid of not using their credit cards. I do have a 12 yr old Chase Slate card that I used once in 5 yrs without cancelation.

Yeah, same here. Didn't use my Slate for about 7 years without closure. PC'd to the Freedom and started using it.

Message 21 of 46
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

thanks for all your replys guys. i did find the reason for closure,  which is not related to the inactivity or bonus points or anything... so sorry about the flase alarm on that one...ill prob be calling tomorrow to see if they can reinstate the acct..

I sent them a SM and the rep responded along the lines of, "after reviewing your account, i noticed that your account was closed as per your request"

Which confused me at first since i definitely did not request to close the account, but then i realized that i did send them a letter recently that they apparently misinterpereted...

Basically, both i and my GF have chase freedom cards and she added me as an auth user for the bonus. i didnt know it would report to my credit though since we didnt give them my ssn or anything other than my name, and since i didnt want a new acct messing up my AAOA, i removed myself as an AU.

Then, for good measure, i asked thru SM if it can be removed from my report. they responded by saying "heres a form, just print it off and mail it in."

all the form said was basically my name, ssn, and acct#, and that since i am no longer an authorized buyer, please take the acct off my credit report.

what im guessing happend is they looked at the acct# and didnt see my name listed, since i already removed myself as an AU, so tried looking me up with social instead, and misunderstood what i was asking.

opinions on who to speak to for possible reinstatement? customer service manager? back door #? EO? im really not an aggressive person esp over the phone so it might be easier to write to the EO, anyone can pm me the address?

Message 22 of 46
elim
Senior Contributor

@Suddenlyy wrote:

thanks for all your replys guys. i did find the reason for closure,  which is not related to the inactivity or bonus points or anything... so sorry about the flase alarm on that one...ill prob be calling tomorrow to see if they can reinstate the acct..

I sent them a SM and the rep responded along the lines of, "after reviewing your account, i noticed that your account was closed as per your request"

Which confused me at first since i definitely did not request to close the account, but then i realized that i did send them a letter recently that they apparently misinterpereted...

Basically, both i and my GF have chase freedom cards and she added me as an auth user for the bonus. i didnt know it would report to my credit though since we didnt give them my ssn or anything other than my name, and since i didnt want a new acct messing up my AAOA, i removed myself as an AU.

Then, for good measure, i asked thru SM if it can be removed from my report. they responded by saying "heres a form, just print it off and mail it in."

all the form said was basically my name, ssn, and acct#, and that since i am no longer an authorized buyer, please take the acct off my credit report.

what im guessing happend is they looked at the acct# and didnt see my name listed, since i already removed myself as an AU, so tried looking me up with social instead, and misunderstood what i was asking.

opinions on who to speak to for possible reinstatement? customer service manager? back door #? EO? im really not an aggressive person esp over the phone so it might be easier to write to the EO, anyone can pm me the address?

hey that's great news. chase may not be as quick-to-close as we think, lol. if it was their mistake i don't see why they wouldn't have your account back exactly how it was in no time... maybe a nice gift for the hassle even.

Message 23 of 46
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

I like the fact that the OP didn't even think of his back and forth with chase on closing freedom until chase itself pointed it out to him. yes, i know it's different freedom, but sheesh, op! way to go give everyone a heart attack!

Message 24 of 46
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Lol. Glad to hear you at least figured out what it was. 

On another note: 

Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing.

Message 25 of 46
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

On another note: 

Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing.

The language is a little too vague though, suppose I meet min spend and then buy something for $50, and stop.   Is that ONLY from promo pricing?   Or a small purchase every three months.   

Message 26 of 46
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

On another note: 

The language is a little too vague though, suppose I meet min spend and then buy something for $50, and stop.   Is that ONLY from promo pricing?   Or a small purchase every three months.   

Only promo pricing, to me, would mean you use the card for the first year with a waived AF, and then downgrade or cancel when the AF is due. 

Message 27 of 46
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

It clearly states in the credit card agreement that they may close your account if you only use it for the bonus. I assume they are referring to evidence of churning though

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 28 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

It clearly states in the credit card agreement that they may close your account if you only use it for the bonus. I assume they are referring to evidence of churning though

Then don't make the bonus ss attainable and impose a minimum time limit the account must stay open/in good standing.

Just like they do when you open a bank account.

Message 29 of 46
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Chase tried to close one of my cc's.  Letter stated inactivity and balances too high on other cards. I called the # on the notification letter right away and asked them to reconsider; they kept it open. Worth a try!

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.