Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase closing my card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase closing my card

HI, Just got a letter from Chase that they are closing my card due ti in activity,

card has not been used for past 2 years and i have this card since 2007, my score is 803.

i,m going to give them a call to ask them keep it open,hope they do,in mean time it it right to apply for a new 

card before i call them? i got pre qualified for chase unlimited freedom.

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: chase closing my card

Why not just put a recurring bill on it if you want to keep the card?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

the letter says even i do shoping with it they will close it by end of may which is the expire date anyway

should i just call them or apply for a new card or start shopping with it?

Message 3 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Call, try to keep it open but if not on to bigger and better things with that scoreSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with AJC. Sucks in one way but then again at over 800 you don't need them.
Message 5 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Let us know what they say and if they allow you to keep the card active. It is always good to keep the card that has history. Worst  case it will remain on your report for 10 year after they close the account and will help your scores.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be too late. Let us know if they change their minds.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are letting you continue to use it for the next month, I'd think you stand a good chance at getting them to reverse this decision.  I'd go put a few swipes on the card right away, then call CS a few days later and tell them you've found new use for the card and anticipate using it a lot going forward, so you'd really like them to keep the account open and send you a new card with a new expiration date.  I think you may have success with this if you act quickly.  Also if you get a "no" answer, I'd try back a couple of times and get a different CS rep.  Also, if you are unsuccessful with the CS route you could send an email to the CEO which would probably prompt a call from the higher ups which could possibly give you the favorable result you are looking for if CS isn't able to.  Good luck and as others have said, definitely report back what happens here! 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure will let u all know how it will go.

I work for BP company and at the moment i work in Dubai, should i call them from here?i am afraid to call from here and

they close the account permanently, once when i called them when i was in Cuba that what they did, will they see that i,m calling

from Dubai,or should i wait till i get baxk to US?

Thanks

Message 9 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I'd call them right away. There should be a number that you can call collect from international locations.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.