Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase credit lines question

tag
jaraico
Regular Contributor

chase credit lines question

i have to cards from chase, csp with 7.5k and freedom with 3k i want to reverse the credit limits.

my hesitation comes from the fact that my csp has reported a balance of 3100 before so if i reduce the limit to 3k would it look like i spent past my limit?

should i keep it at 4k limit?

thanks in advance!

Barclays TU: 760 MyFico EX: 746 EQ:?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Re: chase credit lines question

In regards to the extra spending, you should be okay as it is a Visa Signature and therefore there is no true credit limit. As long as you pay it off by the due date.

However, I'm not sure what the mimum required "credit limit" is required with a Visa Signature (for your CSP). It may be $5k with Chase so they may require you to keep at least that much on the card.

It's up to you what to do with the credit limit. Whatever works for you!

Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The min cl for the CSP is $5k. If you want a lower cl you'll have to do a PC to a CS- assuming you are eligible

Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

The min cl for the CSP is $5k. If you want a lower cl you'll have to do a PC to a CS- assuming you are eligible

+1

The CSP minimum CL threshold is $5K, it cannot be lowered - unless like Lexie mentioned above, PC to CS.

Message 4 of 11
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

+1

The CSP minimum CL threshold is $5K, it cannot be lowered - unless like Lexie mentioned above, PC to CS.

Did Chase increase their minimum CL's for the CSP card?  According to Credit Karma data, about 27% of CSP cardholders have a CL of LESS than $5K.  For the CS (non-preferred) card, it's about 32% less than $5K.  (Not too big of a difference, considering that both versions of the Chase card have the same underwriting requirements.)  Although it seems that ALL of the CSP card approval mentions I've seen in this Forum are $5K CL's or higher! 

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Corgihound wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

+1

Did Chase increase their minimum CL's for the CSP card?  According to Credit Karma data, about 27% of CSP cardholders have a CL of LESS than $5K.  For the CS (non-preferred) card, it's about 32% less than $5K.  (Not too big of a difference, considering that both versions of the Chase card have the same underwriting requirements.)  Although it seems that ALL of the CSP card approval mentions I've seen in this Forum are $5K CL's or higher! 

It's always been $5K for the CSP, those are the underwriting thresholds.  The underwriting requirements for CS and CSP are similar, but not exactly the same though.  Also, Credit Karma may likely not make a distinction between those cardholders who may have originally been approved with CSP at $5K (or higher) and later downgraded to CS and/or swapped CLs with another product.

Message 6 of 11
newUser0
Established Contributor

Oh I thought Even CS is also a Visa Signature card and that oo requires $5k CL.

Message 7 of 11
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

It certainly can be a Visa Signature, if not always (?).  I got mine a few months ago with a $10K CL and in the Visa Signature version.  And I've also seen numerous participants in this Forum receive CS cards with $5K CL's and Visa Signature status.

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@newUser0 wrote:

CS can be either Signature or non-Signature depending on the individual's creditworthiness.

Message 9 of 11
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

If you have the Visa Signature version of the CS with a $5000 limit and decide to shift some credit to a different Chase CC, would it remain a Visa Signature even though it's CL is lower than $5000?

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.