Regular Contributor
jaraico

chase credit lines question

i have to cards from chase, csp with 7.5k and freedom with 3k i want to reverse the credit limits.

my hesitation comes from the fact that my csp has reported a balance of 3100 before so if i reduce the limit to 3k would it look like i spent past my limit?

should i keep it at 4k limit?

thanks in advance!

Barclays TU: 760 MyFico EX: 746 EQ:?

Frequent Contributor
jenn_bar

Re: chase credit lines question

[ Edited ]

In regards to the extra spending, you should be okay as it is a Visa Signature and therefore there is no true credit limit. As long as you pay it off by the due date.

However, I'm not sure what the mimum required "credit limit" is required with a Visa Signature (for your CSP). It may be $5k with Chase so they may require you to keep at least that much on the card.

It's up to you what to do with the credit limit. Whatever works for you!

09Lexie

The min cl for the CSP is $5k. If you want a lower cl you'll have to do a PC to a CS- assuming you are eligible

Valued Contributor
FinStar

09Lexie wrote:

The min cl for the CSP is $5k. If you want a lower cl you'll have to do a PC to a CS- assuming you are eligible

+1

The CSP minimum CL threshold is $5K, it cannot be lowered - unless like Lexie mentioned above, PC to CS.

Frequent Contributor
Transmogrifying_Bee

[ Edited ]

FinStar wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

+1

The CSP minimum CL threshold is $5K, it cannot be lowered - unless like Lexie mentioned above, PC to CS.

Did Chase increase their minimum CL's for the CSP card?  According to Credit Karma data, about 27% of CSP cardholders have a CL of LESS than $5K.  For the CS (non-preferred) card, it's about 32% less than $5K.  (Not too big of a difference, considering that both versions of the Chase card have the same underwriting requirements.)  Although it seems that ALL of the CSP card approval mentions I've seen in this Forum are $5K CL's or higher! 

myFICO SCORES (7/14): EQ 790 || EX 799 || TU 791 | Discover FICO (8/14) TU 791 *** FICO GOAL: 800+ *** TOTAL CL: $77.4K
FAKO SCORES (8/14): Credit Karma (TU) 790 || Credit Sesame (EX) 801 || Credit.com (EX) 802 || Quizzle (7/14) VS3.0 EQ 812

Amex Green NPSL || Amex BCE 24K || PayPal Extras MC 15K || Chase Sapphire Visa Sig 12K || Chase Freedom Visa Sig 10K
Discover it 8.5K || Citi Diamond Preferred MC 7.9K - - [(8/14) CLOSED CapOne QS/VentureOne cards to simplify my line of cc's.]
Valued Contributor
FinStar

Corgihound wrote:

FinStar wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

+1

Did Chase increase their minimum CL's for the CSP card?  According to Credit Karma data, about 27% of CSP cardholders have a CL of LESS than $5K.  For the CS (non-preferred) card, it's about 32% less than $5K.  (Not too big of a difference, considering that both versions of the Chase card have the same underwriting requirements.)  Although it seems that ALL of the CSP card approval mentions I've seen in this Forum are $5K CL's or higher! 

It's always been $5K for the CSP, those are the underwriting thresholds.  The underwriting requirements for CS and CSP are similar, but not exactly the same though.  Also, Credit Karma may likely not make a distinction between those cardholders who may have originally been approved with CSP at $5K (or higher) and later downgraded to CS and/or swapped CLs with another product.

Established Contributor
newUser0

Oh I thought Even CS is also a Visa Signature card and that oo requires $5k CL.

Frequent Contributor
Transmogrifying_Bee

newUser0 wrote:

It certainly can be a Visa Signature, if not always (?).  I got mine a few months ago with a $10K CL and in the Visa Signature version.  And I've also seen numerous participants in this Forum receive CS cards with $5K CL's and Visa Signature status.

myFICO SCORES (7/14): EQ 790 || EX 799 || TU 791 | Discover FICO (8/14) TU 791 *** FICO GOAL: 800+ *** TOTAL CL: $77.4K
FAKO SCORES (8/14): Credit Karma (TU) 790 || Credit Sesame (EX) 801 || Credit.com (EX) 802 || Quizzle (7/14) VS3.0 EQ 812

Amex Green NPSL || Amex BCE 24K || PayPal Extras MC 15K || Chase Sapphire Visa Sig 12K || Chase Freedom Visa Sig 10K
Discover it 8.5K || Citi Diamond Preferred MC 7.9K - - [(8/14) CLOSED CapOne QS/VentureOne cards to simplify my line of cc's.]
Valued Contributor
FinStar

newUser0 wrote:

CS can be either Signature or non-Signature depending on the individual's creditworthiness.

Regular Contributor
Apinzon2374

If you have the Visa Signature version of the CS with a $5000 limit and decide to shift some credit to a different Chase CC, would it remain a Visa Signature even though it's CL is lower than $5000?

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+