Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase credit lines question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase credit lines question

i just saw a very helpful post with closing chase limits and transferring. i plan on doing the following to make use of my CSP since i have CSR

scenario 1

full transfer - csp has not been used.

csp - 7500, move all 7500 to FU

close csp

scenario 2

full transfer - freedom has been used in the last 30 days

freedom  (non signature)- 4500, move all 4500 to FU

close freedom, product change CSP to Freedom

scenario 3

what would you do?

i have:

freedom 4500

fu 7000

csp 7500

csr 18500

how would you maximize the transfer so that the goal is to eventually have  freedom, freedom unlimited, and csr.

i want it to appear on my credit report that i have CLI, no CLD, csp closed by consumer, just all positive remarks essentialy.

thanks!!!

4 REPLIES 4
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: chase credit lines question

Just do whatever feels good.  Sounds like you're trying to get rid of at least one AF in the shuffle.  You could always split the CL between the 2 cards you're donating it to.  Just send them a message online and get it done.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and they were able to fulfill scenario 1 but only transferred 7000/7500 of my limit to freedom unlimited. Then they closed the card. I'm happy with that. I thought I had to maintain a minimum of 5000 to hold the visa signature
Message 3 of 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Signature is a benefit to the CCC and some benefits are passed to you.  They get more $ in swipe fees from a signature than a non-signature card.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fu is already a signature. I was just afraid of the min required for a sig that prevents me from transferring from csp to another
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.