Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎12-30-2012
0

chase double pulling for cli?

Has anyone asked chase for a CLI lately? I got double pulled for an app in april, and I already have 6 inquiries on experian. I could spare a HP on TU but man I dont want any more on EX. I am trying to decide if its worth it to ask for a CLI since my freedom is only $500 and I am starting to really like that card and next quarter it will be heaviy used. I dont wanna worry about it being paid being reported at near the limit. I dont wanna waste two hard pulls on a $500 increase either...


CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $18k
EQ-742 EX-702 TU-737
Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: chase double pulling for cli?

It will most likely be 1 Hp - did you receive your Freedom in April?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎12-30-2012
0

Re: chase double pulling for cli?


09Lexie wrote:
It will most likely be 1 Hp - did you receive your Freedom in April?

no. I received my freedom (originally a slate) april of 2012 and the CSP april 2013


CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $18k
EQ-742 EX-702 TU-737
Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: chase double pulling for cli?

It's a YMMV on the Cli or what bureau they pull. Can you move some of your cl from CSP?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎12-30-2012
0

Re: chase double pulling for cli?


09Lexie wrote:
It's a YMMV on the Cli or what bureau they pull. Can you move some of your cl from CSP?

I'd rather not. We will see. I already requested it and am just waiting to see. I really really hope they dont pull experian. I really really really hope they dont do 2 pulls and come back with a $500 increase. I wasnt sure what to ask for so I asked them to match my sapphire.  I will be happy if they at least come back with about 3k. I will keep yall posted on what they pull and how much they increase. 


CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $18k
EQ-742 EX-702 TU-737
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,752
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: chase double pulling for cli?

It is a YMMV thing with Chase. For me Chase is the nightmare puller.  6 HP in less than 6 months Smiley Sad   The last HP on EQ they even deny.  Two separate CSR confirmed the pull on EX and offered to remove it but denied the HP on EQ.... looks that on EQ I get mystery pulls from Chase and there is nothing I can do. Chase could basically pull my credit evey day for account review?  I hate this idea. They can SP as much as they like but I hate  the HP collection.

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
Last app 01/15/2015
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎12-30-2012
0

Re: chase double pulling for cli?

well talk about ridiculous. I got a $300 increase!!! not was I was hoping for. I dont know what they pulled yet.


CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $18k
EQ-742 EX-702 TU-737
Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: chase double pulling for cli?

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: chase double pulling for cli?


lg8302ch wrote:

It is a YMMV thing with Chase. For me Chase is the nightmare puller.  6 HP in less than 6 months Smiley Sad   The last HP on EQ they even deny.  Two separate CSR confirmed the pull on EX and offered to remove it but denied the HP on EQ.... looks that on EQ I get mystery pulls from Chase and there is nothing I can do. Chase could basically pull my credit evey day for account review?  I hate this idea. They can SP as much as they like but I hate  the HP collection.


Um, not to sound rude nor offensive in any way, and I'm sorry if it comes off that way.

They pulled your credit because you were seeking new credit by asking for a CLI.

It's not rocket science to know that a CLI request = HP in most cases.

They can basically pull your credit everyday for an account review if they want to, but they usually don't. All they do is SP unless you're seeking credit.

BofA and Barclays pretty much have the same exact policy as Chase with regards to this.

You're not being objective by blaming them for pulling your credit when you were the one who asked for a CLI.

 


E150GT wrote:

well talk about ridiculous. I got a $300 increase!!! not was I was hoping for. I dont know what they pulled yet.

 


How long have you had the account for? What does your entire profile look like? 

You can call this number: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

But do be prepared, there is a possibility that they might pull more reports, thereby leaving you with up to 4 new inquiries, including the one you took yesterday. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎12-30-2012
0

Re: chase double pulling for cli?


enharu wrote:

lg8302ch wrote:

It is a YMMV thing with Chase. For me Chase is the nightmare puller.  6 HP in less than 6 months Smiley Sad   The last HP on EQ they even deny.  Two separate CSR confirmed the pull on EX and offered to remove it but denied the HP on EQ.... looks that on EQ I get mystery pulls from Chase and there is nothing I can do. Chase could basically pull my credit evey day for account review?  I hate this idea. They can SP as much as they like but I hate  the HP collection.


Um, not to sound rude nor offensive in any way, and I'm sorry if it comes off that way.

They pulled your credit because you were seeking new credit by asking for a CLI.

It's not rocket science to know that a CLI request = HP in most cases.

They can basically pull your credit everyday for an account review if they want to, but they usually don't. All they do is SP unless you're seeking credit.

BofA and Barclays pretty much have the same exact policy as Chase with regards to this.

You're not being objective by blaming them for pulling your credit when you were the one who asked for a CLI.

 


E150GT wrote:

well talk about ridiculous. I got a $300 increase!!! not was I was hoping for. I dont know what they pulled yet.

 


How long have you had the account for? What does your entire profile look like? 

You can call this number: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

But do be prepared, there is a possibility that they might pull more reports, thereby leaving you with up to 4 new inquiries, including the one you took yesterday. 


The account is 14 months old. I  will give em a call. Thanks


CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $18k
EQ-742 EX-702 TU-737
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.