cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase email credit limit increase - help needed !

tag
agent_bob
New Contributor

chase email credit limit increase - help needed !

Good Evening everyone!

It has been a while since I last posted in here, but I'll give you some details to the story.

I got an email from chase with the subject line: "Get a hassle-free credit line increase"

& in the body it just stated that I can request a no credit check / instant decision / on increasing my credit card line. all i had to do was log in, update my annual income and get my decision instantly. The email said it would also expire in 3 days if I didn't do anything.

Well I logged in and set the annual income as $4,500 (as I am a recent graduate, looking for a job). The credit limit was supposed to be going to $1,000 an increase from the $400 limit I have now. It was no surprise that I got denied. I got a letter in the mail today & this is what it says:

"Thank you for requesting a credit line increase for your Visa Platinum account. Unfortunately, we're unable to approve your request because the income you provided does not meet the requirements for additional credit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any questions, please call us at #. For your convenience, we are available to assit you M-F 8a-10p, EST."

My question is...

What should I do?

Is this even possible to recon?

Should I just leave it alone?

My gut instinct is telling me to just suck it up & leave it alone because I'd have adequate income (once I have a job) and I wouldn't mind taking the HP.

Opinions?

Thanks.

If you have other questions just let me know. thanks again!

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: chase email credit limit increase - help needed !

What's the basis for recon if your income doesn't meet their requirements?  You can always call and ask but I wouldn't expect a CLI given the reason for denial.

Message 2 of 3
agent_bob
New Contributor

Re: chase email credit limit increase - help needed !

@takeshi74 wrote:

What's the basis for recon if your income doesn't meet their requirements?  You can always call and ask but I wouldn't expect a CLI given the reason for denial.

true. to see if they'd meet me in the middle? which I doubt. somewhere between $1,000 & $400 isn't worth it to me. haha I just wanted to see others opinions.

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.